Booking Accomodation in Thailand, from Abroad

Wazza

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Sep 17, 2017
Hello to All,
For the most occasions, I get away with Booking.com, Skyscanner, Agoda etc for organising rooms in advance. But I often have issues when exploring the east side, FuChiFah, Chiang Kham, Nan, Pua etc.
I’ve used Choowap with limited success, in fact got touched up for 2000bht at Xmas. Turned up at Phu chi, no room, no book, 5 months later still no money.
What are the locals using to book and are any better or worse. If it just the wife and I generally don’t book in advance but if it a group I definitely do.
Cheers Wazza

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Booking.com is the one I use when ever I need to book, but locally I just phone if it is a weekend, or take a chance. I'm usually riding alone so it isn't an issue & don't do room bookings for other people after being messed around too many times.

Deano747

Subscribed
Aug 24, 2008
Booking.com for most & messenger via their Facebook presence for those little out of the way places.

Gregthemagnificent

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Apr 14, 2018
Perth Australia
I use Agoda and Booking.com, and check out an area with Google maps hotel search. I haven't had a problem with my bookings so far.
I’m planning a ride for November' and some of the places I've stayed at before and likely to book again below.

-Chiang Saen, Viang Yonok Hotel, British bikes to check out, peaceful location. Ian can be contacted through GTR
-Chiang Kham Grand Villa, great restaurant / karaoke place out the back.
-Pua, PuaDeView Boutique Resort, fantastic views
-Nan, Sawadee Lana hotel, or PX122 DBest Hotel, interesting but a bit expensive
-Phrae, Phoomthai Garden Hotel, has pool and restaurant

I still need to choose a hotel in Na Noi

Last edited:

scotty007

Subscribed
Feb 23, 2004
I prefer to do my research using any of the hotel providers available like booking.com, pick what I want then research to get directly to the hotel website then book directly with the provider!

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
I use Agoda and Booking.com, and check out an area with Google maps hotel search. I haven't had a problem with my bookings so far.
I’m planning a ride for November' and some of the places I've stayed at before and likely to book again below.

-Chiang Saen, Viang Yonok Hotel, British bikes to check out, peaceful location. Ian can be contacted through GTR
-Chiang Kham Grand Villa, great restaurant / karaoke place out the back.
-Pua, PuaDeView Boutique Resort, fantastic views
-Nan, Sawadee Lana hotel, or PX122 DBest Hotel, interesting but a bit expensive
-Phare, Phoomthai Garden Hotel, has pool and restaurant

I still need to choose a hotel in Na Noi

Reactions: Gregthemagnificent

Oddvar

Subscribed
Mar 18, 2013
Google maps has a nice function.
Screenshot 2023-05-02_14-15-02-638.png

Wazza

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Sep 17, 2017
You might have hit the nail on the head Oddvar. Will check it out prior to my anticipated trip in October. As per the other replies, I have a list of prior stays that I almost always go back to, providing the experience was good.
Chiang Saen, I love Gin's Mekhong View, great spot on the banks. Undergoing big renovations last October when I went past.
Waz