Cambodia Ride - Stage 1 Continuation - Angkor Wat

Discussion in 'Cambodia Road Trip Reports' started by lipmeng, Aug 30, 2009.

1. lipmeng

lipmeng Ol'Timer

Some pics of sunrise in Angkor Wat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Locals here are enteprising as a chair will cost USD$1.00 and a cup of local coffee is also USD$1.00 when you want to sit next to the pond to watch the sunrise. Otherwise you just bring your own drink and sit on the grass. They are chargeing the rate for tourist whereas local rate is at least 40% off.

One should bring his/her torch light to watch sunrise as the palace ground is dark before sunrise.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]0Ride%202009-Part%201/DSCN7483.jpg[/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Local tourist police bike
    [​IMG]

Local Angkor Beer
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some pics of river cruise along water community of Tonle Sap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This little girl is helping her dad to sell cold drinks to tourist on the river. She just jumps onto our boat with ease while her dad navigates his boat to the side of ours. Awesome agility that what I say.........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The river cruise on Tonle Sap is USD$20.00 per person which is a little expensive.

DavidFL likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Dougal

Dougal Ol'Timer

Lipmeng,

Have been following your trek thru Thailand & Cambodia.

Great report and some awesome photos there.

You mentioned the road from Poipet to Siem Reap; is it tarmac all the way now?

4. lipmeng

lipmeng Ol'Timer

Hi Dougal

You may view my earlier epsiode on the Cambodia Ride - Stage 1 where I posted some pics of the road from Poipet to Siem Reap. Yes, the road surface is good as it it new although the road is narrow.

I would said that it is much more better on this stretch than from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh which I will post the pics from Kompong Thom to Phnom Penh later.

Hope you enjoy it.

Regards

Lip Meng

5. Dougal

Dougal Ol'Timer

Thanks for that Lipmeng.

I think a lot of people have been waiting for that road to be finished.
    Good news.

6. sambora67

sambora67 New Member

wow tats a great ride, intend to do that route next year maybe after june 2010. just ur opinion, would honda stx be able to go thro it? main concern if u had to go thro any off road ?

7. lipmeng

lipmeng Ol'Timer

Hi Sambora

Should not be much of an issue if you ride Honda stx (if it is a non trail bike) in most part of the country which is tarmac surface although some sections maybe under road repair.

Unless you intend to do off road to the remote areas then a trail bike is more appropriate.

Regards

Lip Meng

8. zaini63

zaini63 Member

Lip Meng,
    Me and 3 of my buddies will be riding up to Cambodia from Kuala Lumpur this coming 18th December. Your post is a great source of reference to guide me through Cambodia as we will be only equipped by 'good old map' for navigation.

Will post my ride report as soon as I've completed my ride. Cheers

9. burnjr

burnjr Ol'Timer

nice ride report bro.....

10. zain

zain Ol'Timer

Bro aini63,

Hope to see your trip report here..Good luck bro.. :D