Chiang Mai to Huahin in one day, route recommendations.

Discussion in 'Central Western Thailand Road Trip Reports' started by 0zz1, Oct 28, 2011.

1. 0zz1

0zz1 Active Member

Will be driving from CM to Huahin on 19th of November (hopefully dry already), but im sure BKK still got some flooding so wanna void that.... I know its a bit long stretch, but can it be done?

I looked this route from Google maps
    it says 17 hrs but thats total nonsense right?

I will most likely drive with Kawasaki Versys alltough its possible that I will leave with Phantom... so no off roads =)

I dont think I have drove such a long stretch before at one go. I did CM to Nong Khai and that took a bit over 8 hrs with ER6n, but this time I think I will need to go a little slower.

But can that be done in 12 hrs, with few short stops? Is there better routes? nicer roads.

All comments / ideas highly appreciated!
  2. Loading...

3. Cruising

Cruising Ol'Timer

I recently drove from HH to CM via Suphan Buri in about 10-11 hours.
    It's slightly longer but way easier, less congested and maybe better roads?

Turning off the 1 at Uthai Thani then using the 340 and 321 and connecting with the 4 at Nakhon Pathom.
  4. nolanyusof

nolanyusof Active Member

hi Ozz... I have ride with my Versys last year from Cha Am to Chiang Rai... It took us about 13 hours... but fr Chiang Mai It think it will be a bit shorter distance... I'm using road 1 than at Uthai Thani on road 333 to Uthong then 321 to Nakhon Pathon then to Road 4 ... The route has less traffic and we only have 4 fueling stop b4 reach the destination...