Ducati Diavel

Pgt066

Jan 31, 2005
Not suitable for anyone with long legs. Good bike for short guys. Sit on one and you will see what I mean.

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
A mate has one of these in Australia, and everyone who is lucky enough to have a ride loves it...

most of these guys ride big sports bikes - R1s, Gixer1000, Ninja 1400s, Hyabusas or other big fast Euros... a few have old Super Blackbirds for ong distance touring... so they are used to fast bikes, but a cruiser-ish ride with awsome power, that handles as well... they all love it...

Got to agree it isn't what you would normally consider a good looking bike...

Dec 27, 2007
monsterman;263252 wrote: An abortion its horrible and tasteless.....

Aw, c'mon, it's not THAT bad! ;)

While cruisers aren't my cup of tea I think Ducati showed some courage to create the Diavel, and they certainly didn't cut any corners or spare any expense with their new "Power Cruiser".

With 162 ponies and less than 10 pounds heavier than a new gsx it's damn quick (in a straight line...) and has the strongest stopping power of any bike ever tested by Brembo Bosch.

It's got the power to go fast in a straight line, and supersport spec radial-mount Brembo Monobloc front brake calipers too, but with a 28 degree rake and a 240 section rear tire I'm a wee bit skeptical of anyone who calls it a "sport bike"...

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a cool looking bike, and probably very fun to ride, but even the new Multistrada is more of a "sport bike" as it shares the same engine, but enjoys sportier geometry and isn't handicapped by that ridiculously wide rear tire...

I slowed down a bit to take a good look at a Diavel at Thailand Circuit a while ago. Kudos to the rider for getting rid of the chicken strips, but even leaned over as far as it would go it seemed very slow through the corners...

Man there are some great vids of the Diavel on YouTube.

WTF?! :lol-sign:

Ride On!

Tony

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Agree with Tony, it's not as bad looking as Jerry thinks, but then again that's our personal view. I wouldn't kick it out of my stable either. Big rear tyre is no problem as everywhere mentioned 'cause it will deliver the horses onto the tarmac better than the V-Max which just seems to burn rubber/tons of petrol at any acceleration......kudos to DUCATI for trying something new. Hopefully we will see more of these design-studies become reality, for example both their and BM's big scooters......cheers, Franz

Oct 17, 2006
I have actually ridden one in UK and it does perform brilliantly and sounds fantastic , but the looks dont work for me ,,,i love my old monsters and 750ss i like 999 and 749 and the streetfighter but not the 1098,1099 they look japanese ,

Dec 27, 2007
monsterman;273122 wrote: I have actually ridden one in UK and it does perform brilliantly and sounds fantastic , but the looks dont work for me ,,,i love my old monsters and 750ss i like 999 and 749 and the streetfighter but not the 1098,1099 they look japanese ,

Well, that's certainly more palatable than "An abortion its horrible and tasteless....." ;)

Oct 17, 2006
OK Tony sorry for being so Reactionary and all tabloid in my origonal post ,, there does seem to be a lot of very ugly bikes being produced by the sylists these days , but other stylists seem able to create great aethsetic beauty .