First time to Hua Hin ?

Discussion in 'Phuket / South Thailand - General Discussion Forum' started by blackb15, Oct 15, 2012.

1. blackb15

blackb15 Ol'Timer

Hello
    I should be visiting next month planing to hire a bike in Pattaya and ride over to Hua Hin via the bridge over the river Kwai.
    I have never been to Hua Hin before so any advice re good roads , places to eat etc really appreciated. I have looked at the forum and watched the night ride post .
    Thanks and safe riding
    Paul

2. Loading...

3. Mooter

Mooter Member

Bit late for advice now... but how was the ride? My fav bar is the Celtic Sports Bar btw

4. blackb15

blackb15 Ol'Timer

The ride apart from getting lost in bangkok :) was fine and the trips around the area and up to the river Kwai were good .
    I am back next month but want to hire a bike from anywhere around hua hin if you now anywhere I can hire one ? as I really don't want to ride through bangkok again .
    Didn't make that bar but will try it
    Thanks
    Safe riding
    Paul

5. TonyBKK

TonyBKK Ol'Timer

I've only ever seen scooters for rent in Hua Hin.... If you want a "real" bike best to rent in Bangkok or Pattaya.

6. pensionist

pensionist Ol'Timer

thats correct, there is no big bikes rental in Hua Hin and surrounding

7. blackb15

blackb15 Ol'Timer

Thanks very much for your replies appreciated when I was their last year I saw a advert for big bikes in Cha-am but can't find it again just trying to avoid riding through Bangkok again
    Safe riding
    Paul

8. Tom Forde

Tom Forde Ol'Timer

You are right, there are big bikes for rent in Cha-Am, outside a shop on the main beach, a couple of 650cc cruisers and a 400cc honda
    At the moment only a phone number attached to bikes as the shop is closed...low season.

9. blackb15

blackb15 Ol'Timer

Tom
    That's great I arrive in November so hopefully open then thanks very much for your help :)
    Paul

10. Tom Forde

Tom Forde Ol'Timer

Hi Paul,
    I was in Cha am yesterday for a coffee, found the bikes, but the shop was shut. A notice with a phone number was attached to one of the bikes.
    Try; 089 5498015

Cheers
    Tom

11. blackb15

blackb15 Ol'Timer

Tom
    Will do thanks again
    Safe riding
    Paul