Glorious Weather Chiang Mai - Pai R1095

Discussion in 'Northern Thailand - Road Trip Reports' started by DavidFL, May 25, 2010.

1. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

MONDAY 24TH MAY 2010

Well after a very sweeet holiday in Hanoi with happy-go-lucky it's time to start riding again, especially now that the worst of the heat's gone & the rains are on the way.

Route 1095 the new Mae Malai bypass
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Up on the ridgeline
    [​IMG]

Who can complain about life with weather & roads like this
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mae Sae
    [​IMG]
    the GT Rider half way stop to Pai. And the shopkeepers struggle nowadays, since all the mini buses have to stop at at the Mae Lao "food centre" owned by the police.

Chiang Dao mountain absolutely stunning in the distance
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

into the twisties
    [​IMG]

Pai city like a ghost town
    [​IMG]
    never seen it so quiet in years.

Twas a bit wet on the return
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The new power lines are getting closer to Pai
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

no excuses for not riding in the heat now guys, the weather & conditions are good & Phi Ta Khon in Dan Sai is only a few weeks away....
    :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

AND for Chiang Mai riders, Pai is in Mae Hong Son province, so there's no curfew there. ...

:lol-sign: :lol-sign:

2. Loading...

3. Captain Wally

Captain Wally Ol'Timer

The atmosphere looks much better than when I was up that way in February. It was certainly a lot busier in Pai then though.
    I can't wait to get back there in August. Who would've thought that I'd ever look forward to dental appointments.
    Where else in the world does going to the dentist have such great fringe benefits? :D

4. Ally

Ally Ol'Timer

Nice!

Ally

5. nikster

nikster Ol'Timer

As a Pai resident I can say the rainy season is definitely the best time to go. It's just sooooo beautiful... dramatic clouds over the mountains, crystal clear air, not too hot... and, unlike in the winter, no hordes of Thai tourists, in fact hardly any tourists at all.

6. Marco

Marco Ol'Timer

As per now i can only follow you guys in here and ready your nice rides,,,,

I did noticed this fantastic picture David,, Have you got your self NEW cam? pictures are just so much sharper than before in my eyes.
    [​IMG]

as always, im jelous but soon up and running again.

7. David Learmonth

David Learmonth Ol'Timer

I'm the same as Marco unfortunately! Can only enjoy these rides from the comfort of my desk chair. Had metal removed from front of leg last Wednesday after it once again became badly infected. Reckon I will not be riding for three months or so at least. However, all these photos & reports are good incentive to repair quickly - I hope. :take-that:

8. HTWoodson

HTWoodson Ol'Timer

Beautiful!

It's not the camera, it's just your near death experience.

9. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

Marco
    Yes
    1. It is a "new" camera, a Canon G11, that I've had for a few months now.
    2. It was exceptionally clear with fine views in the late afternoon.
    3. I'm getting better at processing raw images.
    :D