helmets, let the argument begin

dotcom

Nov 14, 2006
quote:

Originally posted by penetrator

I witnessed something last week that reminded me of this thread, I drove up to Chiang Mai with the GF from Pattaya and about halfway there I see a guy standing in the middle of the highway waving his arms around, I could see something in the road just behind him and guessed what it was straight away.

As we got closer we could see it was a teenage girl in a school uniform which my GF says would of made her 15 at most, she was lying on her back motionless with a rather large pool of blood coming from the back of her head and I have to say appeared most definately dead, at the side of the road was a small step thru motorbike that had obviously been involved in an accident and also a pick up truck with damage.

If this poor young girl had of been wearing a crash helmet she would probably be alive today with maybe a few broken bones. As far as I'm concerned the helmet law needs to be applied vigorously and a safety standard for helmets put in place like we have in the UK.

Good advert for wearing a helmet. You are 16 times more likely to be involved in an accident while riding a bike versus driving a car.

Any of you ever know Tim from the Ball in Hand? He got run over by a semi- split his helmet in 1/2. One leg is about a foot shorter than the other. But he is still alive & riding motorcycles today.