High Price

Discussion in 'Northern Thailand - Road Trip Reports' started by angkor1, Oct 31, 2010.

1. angkor1

angkor1 Ol'Timer

Whow, a italien friend of mine was looking for a guided trip in nothern Thailand. He wnat to ride with his wife on a streetbike Kawasaki 650. He used googl and found the trip. 12 days inkl hotel gasoline and food. Now he has a shock. A tour company offer the trip for nearly 3300 US $ Thats not a fair price. 1000 Baht a day for the bike. km 2000 km maybe 5000 Baht for Gasoline. Hotel per night 1500 Baht together 35 000 Baht.

I send him this calculation now he feel better and he coming soon. For a Roadtrip no one need a guide. Use a Garming or a good map from GT Rider and you found all what you want. :happy3: :happy2: :happy4:
  2. Loading...

3. Marco

Marco Ol'Timer

I just came back from 11 day ride, 4126Km and it cost me TOTAL 18000thb including everything for 1 person.
    Hotel range ws from 350 to 700 per nite and all good desent hotels

No guide, just me and my Tank and Garmin Zumo 550
  4. Franz

Franz Ol'Timer

Angkor1, for fuel I would not calculate more than THB 2,- per km and that's pushing the ER6N or Ninja650 already all the time :D . Except Chiang Mai you won't find any Hotels for more than 1000 THB a night in many towns up here :smile1: , food during the day shouldn't amount to more than THB 100,-, evening of course more as there will be some more drinks to go :mrgreen: . So your estimate is still a higher one :wink: .......fortunately......... :thumbup: , cheers, Franz
  5. Pikey

Pikey Ol'Timer

I reckon on a budget of 1500thb/day to include 300km/600thb petrol, average 400 for a room then 500 for food and beer. This works out similar to what Marco spent. Of course, if I was on the road with Marco, we'd both spend significantly more on boozing! :)

6. Marco

Marco Ol'Timer

where do you get that kind of Idear,,, do we boozing??? :oops:

but so true it's average of 1700 for me, even some day less and ofcourse it's all depend, what every indivitual looks from i.e. accomodation and food,,
    i can get my self stuffed with 150thb dnner and 130thb breaky, some need steaks and wine, then of course it will cost tons of more,,,,