How to survive four weeks without motorcycle.

Discussion in 'Global Trip Reports' started by Nicke, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Nicke

Nicke Active Member

Just returned from 4 weeks campervan-holiday in Europe, and this time, because 3 people in
    the car, I didn´t bring my Piaggio. So how do you survive a holiday like that ?
    That´s why I decided to spend a couple of days at the Como-lake in northen Italy, and there on the
    east side of the lake is the small town Mandello del Lario, and there is the Moto Guzzi-factory.

[​IMG]

Of cause, as a private visitor, you can not see anything of the factory, but they have a museum
    that is really worth seeing, (especially as the entrance is free, 5555) and they open it up every
    afternoon between 3 and 4 oclock.
    So here we were, a group of people from many different countrys, waiting for the gate to open and
    helping eachother taking our picture in front of the gate.

[​IMG]

The museum contains so many different bikes that you could easily spend two or tree afternoon-hours
    there. It looks like the company must have spent a lot on experimenting and developing in their
    golden days when they employed around 700 people, today it is around 125, as a nice man told me
    in perfect english.

So here are a couple of beauties I would like to share with You:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is also hard to imagin that anywhere in the world there is a motorcycle-factory situatied in
    such beautiful surroundings as this one, so even if you are not into motorcycles, the area is
    well worth a visit. Please correct me if I´m wrong, I havn´t visited so many MC-factories.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Leif

2. Loading...

3. David Learmonth

David Learmonth Ol'Timer

Certainly a beautiful area - might even be a pleasure going to work with those surroundings. Always fancied a Moto Guzzi Le Mans but so far never even had the chance to sit on one.