Import of spare parts

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Silom, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Silom

Silom Member

First of all, I like to say hi to all of you. I’m new on this board, but driving bikes since 1994 in Thailand on daily base.
    I have a good experiences how to get my spare parts or mechanic work. But now I need some help. In Germany is waiting for me a Hayabusa street fighter set, all together plastic, metal and light parts. These parts are all second hand.
    First I thought to bring it in by hand carry over the airport (I did this a couple of times before), but with the “new” custom checks I doubt that this will be a good idea.

So, here my question;
    How much is the legal custom rate for used motorcycle spare parts ( pls. no link to the Thai custom official web page – there is nothing) or can anyone recommend an importer for German goods ( for Japanese imports I have, but they can’t handle imports from Germany …TIT)

Thanks for helping
    Silom

2. Loading...

3. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

30% should be the correct rate.

Davidfl
    Keep The Power On

4. tropicaljohno

tropicaljohno Ol'Timer

I got some Touratech stuff sent over, bear in mind you also get charged duty on the postage and any insurance as well. I had a long friendly talk with the customs guy on why I was paying 30% on postage and he said, sorry but thats what's written up in his manual, so you have no choice.

John

5. Rhodie

Rhodie Ol'Timer

"NEW" CUSTOMS CHECKS ???
    Have I missed something?
    What are these "new" checks?
    ATB
    Rhodie

6. tropicaljohno

tropicaljohno Ol'Timer