Importance of safety gear

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Ive been on the road for a few days.....

Gee guys:
[h=2]Importance of safety gear[/h]Let's keep to the topic. Please.
and skip out all the smart remarks.

Wearing protective gear does help & it may save your life one day.

In Phrae the owner of Bike Base, a 32 yr old very likeable Harley rider was killed earlier this month.
Returning from a charity ride, he stopped to fuel up less than 15 kms from home.
He never made it home.
Back in Phrae they other guys got a phone call - you better to come back & pick up your dead mate!
He was hit from behind, fell off his bike & was run over. Killed instantly.
Another tragic loss.

The female driver was detained, her car had a broken radiator & was going nowhere. Negotiations are still underway...(no need for smart remarks.)

Danger is all around. So take care out there guys. Safety gear does help, should you chose to wear it.

Oct 17, 2006
Blimey I have caused a kerfuffle on here with a joke !!!!!

to put life in persepective I was knocked off a Bright yellwo HD with OPEN drag pipes that could heard 10 miles away on the 17th march 1990 by an idiot in a ford fiesta reading the daily Mirror , he rode into me at 40mph on a road in Hove , he told the cops he didnt see me ... well you wouldnt would you reading a paper????? i spent a year in intensive care , died 3 times and was recusitated another 19months in a wheelchair ... so crap happens due to stupidity everywhere , not only with our lovely Thai hosts

Jul 6, 2004
Will be back in LOS soon so this thread has come at a sobering time, I just purchased a new ARIA open face Helmet in Oz to bring back with me. The CT-Z is an open face with a peak similar to the Dakar range. Cost about $450A, around 14,000BHT.
See you all soon, safe riding guys.

Tom