Kanchanaburi Province Last Sunday

Jul 18, 2007
Captain_Slash wrote: By taking the ferry to Si Sawat you missed out on a brilliant stretch of road with no traffic on it
Note that there are no pictures of the bike ON the ferry! :D

I took that road, and it was fun. It is heavily overgrown with tons of leaves, twigs, branches and other vegetative-type stuff. It's also covered with cow flop (and its agents) - there are large herds of free range cattle all through that stretch, so you have to be mindful coming around the many sharp curves. It was a fun stretch of about 25km, but the ferry would have been fun too. Next time...

Jul 18, 2007
Captain_Slash wrote: My mistake, how was the new road up in the hills compared to when I rode it on this trip?

https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorc ... t3460.html
Wow, you did a GREAT job of documenting that road. I'm unfortunately like Dougal - I just ripped through it with only the photos to which I had linked earlier. My only excuse was that it was a 600+km day trip from and back to BKK...

The road is in very similar condition, though the avalanche symptoms are a bit more pronounced and in this season there is more overgrowth. There is considerable debris on the road, some vegetative and some the dreaded gravel. You have to watch your backside...