Kawasaki Vulcan VN-900 Feedback

Discussion in 'Kawasaki Big Bikes Thailand' started by KenYam, Nov 15, 2009.

1. KenYam

KenYam Ol'Timer

I am chasing feedback from owners of the 900 Vulcan classic, custom or the new LT models regarding performance and suitability of being a Thai town bike. Its caught my eye and on paper ( I have read everything )looks ok for relax cruising around Chiang Mai.

Cheers Ken

2. Loading...

3. johngooding

johngooding Ol'Timer

4. KenYam

KenYam Ol'Timer

Thanks for info John

5. spiederman

spiederman New Member

I have the 2008 Vulcan classic and have done 22k on it all the way from Chiang Mai to Trang and back Udon a couple of times and all over the North and I love the bike its really a great bike for crusing.

The stock seat can be a bit uncomfortable on the really long runs but Ive done 10 hours a day riding and its not too bad with Bum breaks every hour and a half or so for 5 minutes.

really dont have anything bad to say bout the bike

6. KenYam

KenYam Ol'Timer

Hullo Spiederman, Thanks for your response 22,000k and you are satisfied with the Vulcan, this is exactly the feedback I was after. I like the custom model which has a slimmer seat than the Classic - the Classic seat looks more comfortable, proves that looks can be deceiving.
    How have you found the servicing by your Kawasaki dealer here in Thailand ?

Cheers Ken F

7. spiederman

spiederman New Member

I have taken the bike in to the place I bought in on the moat next to the Chinese Embassy and had all service done there as I want to keep a history of service for the bike and figured the best is to have a complete service history with Kawasaki and I have found them to be fine.

Only the required services and oil changes is all I have had to do and runs about 2500 baht a time

Im due for new tyres now as the stock ones could actually be called Slicks right now LOL