Kl>gt, Penang > Songkhla, Thailand > Sungai Petani > Kelantan > Kl

Discussion in 'Malaysia - Road Trip Reports' started by marcusfilter, Aug 25, 2016.

1. marcusfilter

marcusfilter New Member

Ride August 2016.JPG
    Ride: Yamaha NMAX 155
    First day - KL to GT

Second Day: GT to Songkhla Thailand via Bukit Kaya Hitam
    Needed documents to cross the border
    1- Motor Vehicle Registration(photo copy will do)if not under your name, need a letter from the Owner
    2- Thailand Insurance, you can get this before reaching the border for 16RM ( they offer white card there as well for 2RM, but you can get this for free )
    3- Passport
    - Before queueing to get your passport stamp, ask for the whitecard ( fill up both Arrival and Departure )
    After you got the entry stamp(Thailand)
    - Proceed to Customs booth with your bike (you can park at the side)
    Fill up the form TM2 and TM3(if you have a pillion passenger)you can download it here
    Thai Immigration Forms Updated July 2016 downloadable
    Hand your insurance dox and the the TM2&TM3(if needed) form
    ** Keep the Simplified Customs Declaration Form and dont forget to return it going back **

Customs form.jpg
    After getting the form signed...you're all set
  2. Loading...

3. marcusfilter

marcusfilter New Member

following day 4AM take off back to Bukit kaya hitam ( Sadao Immigration )

** Upon reaching Bukit kaya hitam ( Sadao Immigration )Have your passport stamp then return Customs Declaration Form, then on your way to Malaysia Immigration
    Sungai Petani to Kelantan

After Kelantan, back to KL
    Total Kms 1701

Attached Files:

4. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

Nice report & info.
    It looks like you've done a few trips across the border before - you were well organized.
    Do you have a favourite Thai - Malaysian border crossing?
  5. marcusfilter

marcusfilter New Member

it's my first time to cross border, but with the help of GT Rider forum members, I was able to plan it and execute it the way I like it.

**Do you have a favorite Thai - Malaysian border crossing? - I cross the Sadao border cause I was told that it was the nearest from Penang.

*****Planning to the SE borders by next year, Planning and reading some articles how to do it.
    @DavidFL , Question...Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia can be done by MC w/o any trouble? Thanks

6. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

The GTR Border crossing info starts here
    Border Crossings
  7. mohdrashidin

mohdrashidin Member

Awesome ride Marcus.. May I suggest an alternate route.
    After passing Grik, you can directly go up north towards Baling and Padang Terap. There are 3 lakes within that northern region with breathtaking views, Lake Beris, Pedu & Muda. There is also a new border crossing, CIQ Kota Putera (6.470528, 100.708347) with less traffic and faster processing time.