Klx 250 ecu update

Jun 18, 2009
Hi whats this with the new updated ecu that should be fitted i have heard you have to pay for that?
I thought they come with the restricted ECU and its cost 8,000bt for the unrestricted type?

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
The KLX / D-Tracker had a Recall from Kawasaki which Replaced the Standard ECU as there was some Complaints about the Bikes cutting out and Stalling at traffic Lights etc. The New ECU solved that Problem :wink: Top Speed is still around 110kmh and the Bike won't Rev much over 7000 in the Top 3 Gears!!!
Kawasaki Dealers are Also offering a Performance ECU which comes with Regulator as well, This Costs 8000 Baht :shock: I have fitted this and the Bike Now Revs out in in all Gears 8) Normal Top Speed is about 130kmh or more. I had mine up to 141kmh on Tuesday evening :lol: Much improved and Performs how it should have in the First Place!!!

Nov 2, 2008
Ian are you finding that your unrestricted KLX is now loosening up running un-restricted?

It’s hard to confirm, but my D-Tracker feels as if it builds the revs faster in fourth and fifth after a month of De-restriction. Only reached 136 quite quickly with tucking during the first trails after modding my own bike, but I wasn’t after top speed just Fortuner passing ability.