Klx 250 ecu update

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Buy and Sell' started by rexnong, Jun 24, 2009.

1. rexnong

rexnong Ol'Timer

Hi whats this with the new updated ecu that should be fitted i have heard you have to pay for that?
    I thought they come with the restricted ECU and its cost 8,000bt for the unrestricted type?

2. Loading...

3. Ian Bungy

Ian Bungy Ol'Timer

The KLX / D-Tracker had a Recall from Kawasaki which Replaced the Standard ECU as there was some Complaints about the Bikes cutting out and Stalling at traffic Lights etc. The New ECU solved that Problem :wink: Top Speed is still around 110kmh and the Bike won't Rev much over 7000 in the Top 3 Gears!!!
    Kawasaki Dealers are Also offering a Performance ECU which comes with Regulator as well, This Costs 8000 Baht :shock: I have fitted this and the Bike Now Revs out in in all Gears 8) Normal Top Speed is about 130kmh or more. I had mine up to 141kmh on Tuesday evening :lol: Much improved and Performs how it should have in the First Place!!!

4. Fishenough

Fishenough Ol'Timer

Ian are you finding that your unrestricted KLX is now loosening up running un-restricted?

It’s hard to confirm, but my D-Tracker feels as if it builds the revs faster in fourth and fifth after a month of De-restriction. Only reached 136 quite quickly with tucking during the first trails after modding my own bike, but I wasn’t after top speed just Fortuner passing ability.