Laos to vietnam at na meo border crossing

bazz

Mar 7, 2013
We managed to cross the border at Na Meo with a european registered KTM 950. At first they wouldnt let us in but we kept waiting and waiting..and more waiting. Finally a higher ranking officer came talking with us. We promised him to exit at the same border and he ordered the customs to let us in. We got the pink temp import document and after three hours we were in vietnam! They asked us 20USD for the temp import document which I guess went straight into their pocket but I didnt want to push my luck so I just payed it.
Meanwhile we enjoyed the, very cold, north of vietnam and got out of vietnam yesterday.
I'll post a trip report later.
Hope some other will be able to cross here too!

bazz

Mar 7, 2013
DutchMike;295936 wrote: Really good, well done this opens possibilities!
Did you get the impressions that the European registration was of influence?
Anyhow, it teaches me the virtues of patience.
Thanks for the post
No not really. But I think they like official looking documents with even more official looking stamps. Even if they don't have a clue what they mean. But more important...Keep smiling, be patient (yes, 10 people that came after you will be serviced before you) and eh.. keep smiling.
And If you have no luck..try another border. I think we were very very lucky to be allowed on our second border.
good luck!
Ps to the gt forum..the trip report will come but now too busy with the myanmar crossing