My October tour 18-29 2010 Phetchabun to Mae Sot

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Day 4

As all good rides there is time for separation and today was the day, Tony will go to BKK Directo, Dave will go home with his pick up and Me and Reinhard will ride together to Phitsanulok and from there he will desent to HW 117 to home and I will be left all alone in foreing country with no or limitet language skills and no sence of direction at all,,, but hey,, thats what exploring is all about,, and actually this will be my first long solo ride....

So reinhard, lets go,,,,,,

He is ALL thumbs up
IMG_6363.jpg

then on the way around Tha Phon, he need to re fill of cash,,,
IMG_6364.jpg

No reinhard, that is NOT a toilet,,,no wee wee there,,ok?

Weather as always so far play no role and reinhards old lady also was in the good mood,, started and warm up when pushed "the" button
IMG_6365.jpg

IMG_6366.jpg

IMG_6367.jpg

Then on the way HW 12 i spoted lots of NEW coffee joints whats need to be explored next time as they looks very nice, it seems that coffee culture has started to migrate in thai culture and in many HW's there is several veery nice looking coffee joints
IMG_6368.jpg

So as i have been hunting that HW 12 coffee joint now for some time where Tony has stopped many times, so our mission was stop there today and so we did.
IMG_6369.jpg

Some has really watched many American movies and do copy cat joint in here,, and have to say it was nice,, and TONY,, they selling that T-Shirt in there what you wanted to get from that hot chick,,, i thnk it was 190thb,,,
IMG_6370.jpg

IMG_6371.jpg

Time to check emails also,,,well it's so funny these days,,, what ppl do when they stop for coffee or petroll,, many of us take mobile almost immediately and check the mails,,,any ne remember what we did before there was mobile phones,,,huh??? we did enjoy stress free world and freedom of riding,,, how funny is that....
IMG_6372.jpg

Then talking about, taking a piss with the view, man this is nice place for little fella to to have wee wee
IMG_6373.jpg

We walked around and noticed that they have start to expanding lots and now building rooms as well,, so in the future it will be A Motel as well, some of the rooms will have stunning view to the mountains as well..
IMG_6374.jpg

and of course i found my future ride when i desided to give up my Panzarwagen
IMG_6375.jpg

After nice sit and coffee was time to hit the road again and just befre arrive to Phitsanulok there was little bit of signs of flood
IMG_6376.jpg

Then it was time to us to say good buys and after refuling Reinhard depart to his home n phitsanulok and i will heading very booring road section towards to Tak.
IMG_6377.jpg

IMG_6378.jpg

Man that is booring but like ALL big bikes mine is coming with "Cruise controll" and if i would not have karaoke inside my helmet i wud fall a sleep,,,,
IMG_6379.jpg

also after phitanulok floods continue
IMG_6380.jpg

and roads are strait, like they where taken from SIBERIA,,
IMG_6382.jpg

IMG_6383.jpg

IMG_6384.jpg

IMG_6386.jpg

IMG_6387.jpg

but skyes looks nice with all those clowds and sometimes it's really look that it's gonna rain in any time soon, but no "forest" was lucky,,no rain
this is HW 1 from Tak where i join RD 105 and it really looked that me gonna get some external water,,,
IMG_6388.jpg

IMG_6389.jpg

Then on HW 105 there is this lovely FINNISH restaurant what serves nice thai,Euro and FINNISH food, Thai Lady who owns it has been cook in Finland 20yrs, Northen part of Finland city called Oulu, where winter temperatures go below -25 celcius and has snow in meters regulary in winter,, so she was laughing to her staff when they complain that it's cold here,,,,
there is NO normal coffee, thai coffee is in the menu, her serve Breaky as well, how ever i cmment to her that breaky what cost 100thb with only 1 egg and 1 bunn,, is bit pricy,, and she took note on that so Bikers will get bit extra if stopped there,,,but generally nicely priced menu and ok location
IMG_6390.jpg

IMG_6392.jpg

she also speaks FLUENT finnish,, not that you can join conversation with her on that tonque,,but very nice for ME,,,
IMG_6391.jpg

While i stopped in there it started to rain,,, so it was good reasson to chit chat and man that lady talk's espeically when she could speak Finnish and she spoke to whole her family history and pla pla pla,,, but it was fun and she was genuinly happy to see Finnish person,,,,
also whlie it was raining i saw White Honda goldwing blasting n the rain,, i just wonder how people can ride so fast in the rain,,,, i just cant,,
later i saw that GW in Mae Sot and it was tiny thai guy who was riding it and No greetng what so ever for fellow rider,what actually amases me, so no picture of him here, even the bike looked very nice..

So 1hrs for pla pla pla and time to hit the road again so i can reach Mae Sot before dark as it' was 3pm already
IMG_6393.jpg

IMG_6394.jpg

IMG_6395.jpg

IMG_6396.jpg

IMG_6397.jpg

Arrived safely to D.K Hotel and HOT shower and then to dinner in my regular place what name i dont remember of course,,,but it's always same farang join what has been there more than 9yrs already, good nice walk from hotel and only 1beer tonight,, i'm a good boy,,when i'm alone,,,,55555
early night and sleep as next morning sceenic ride to MHS.

but that is an other story then,,,,

Apr 23, 2006
Good photos & write up - thankyou.
Small world is it not? Finnish guy in Thailand meets Thai lady quite by accident & she speaks fluent Finnish.
All these trip reports & photos are starting to get me motivated to go somewhere myself! :happy3:

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
David Learmonth wrote: Good photos & write up - thankyou.
Small world is it not? Finnish guy in Thailand meets Thai lady quite by accident & she speaks fluent Finnish.
All these trip reports & photos are starting to get me motivated to go somewhere myself! :happy3:
Hi Matey

Actually NOT by accident,, i have passed that restaurant many times but always seems to be to busy to stop so this time i made effort to stop there and i knoew she can speak Finnish also.

but so true, it's small world,
Same goes to me and MBox, we both work at sea and cruise ships and same companies and and live in Austria and now met first time in Thailand,, how odd is that...

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Nice fotos & report Marco Matti Jaekkimaekki :smile1: . Love that 'horng num' in that Restop. Would wee all over my fingers there as ooohhhhhh how beautiful.....5555.
Concerning sleeping & cruise control, well there's also the option not to engage it........ :shh: ......keep them coming, franz

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Franz wrote: Nice fotos & report Marco Matti Jaekkimaekki :smile1: . Love that 'horng num' in that Restop. Would wee all over my fingers there as ooohhhhhh how beautiful.....5555.
Concerning sleeping & cruise control, well there's also the option not to engage it........ :shh: ......keep them coming, franz
Hi Franz

Yes it is pee with the view place,,,,,555 did u saw Hua laan reply to me also in my previous topic,,,,he is sober today in VC,,have a look what he wrote and i reply,,555555

Jurgen

Subscribed
Oct 23, 2009
www.chopard.org
Marco wrote: Day 4

Then on the way HW 12 i spoted lots of NEW coffee joints whats need to be explored next time as they looks very nice, it seems that coffee culture has started to migrate in thai culture and in many HW's there is several veery nice looking coffee joints
IMG_6368.jpg
Very much so ... and doing it Thai style, Coffee Corners everywhere! I am always grateful for Amazon as Jiffy introduced the black shots even in less touristic provinces.

Thank you for the advises about the hangouts and nice pictures of the region.

Sep 4, 2007
Jurgen wrote: [quote quote=Marco]Day 4

IMG_6368.jpg
Very much so ... and doing it Thai style, Coffee Corners everywhere! I am always grateful for Amazon as Jiffy introduced the black shots even in less touristic provinces.

This 'Kho in Love' place has just opened. Strange Name and I have not stopped to check it out. Seems to me not a very scenic location. It is run by the people who were at Coffee Hill, which has a fantastic scenic viewpoint a few km nearer to Lomsak. Coffee Hill is now closed. Every time I have stopped there in the past it has been full of travellers, so it would be interesting to know why they have moved.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
johngooding wrote: [quote quote=Jurgen][quote quote=Marco]Day 4

IMG_6368.jpg

This 'Kho in Love' place has just opened. Strange Name and I have not stopped to check it out. Seems to me not a very scenic location. It is run by the people who were at Coffee Hill, which has a fantastic scenic viewpoint a few km nearer to Lomsak. Coffee Hill is now closed. Every time I have stopped there in the past it has been full of travellers, so it would be interesting to know why they have moved.

Hi John and Jurgen

That new joint actually has nice view as far i saw,but pointing little bit to left when one is inside the house,, but NOT that sceanic than Route 12, little bit future up,,,but always nice to check and who ever is there fisrt time pls post the pictures and what they have,so we all know it.