New KLX Rider in BKK

MattK

Apr 5, 2015
Hi All,

Recently arrived in Bangkok and got myself a KLX 250. Looking forward to getting it dirty on weekend trips and longer adventures into Laos and Cambodia.

Hope to meet some of you soon.

Cheers

Matt

Jan 4, 2014
MattK;304788 wrote: Hi All,

Recently arrived in Bangkok and got myself a KLX 250. Looking forward to getting it dirty on weekend trips and longer adventures into Laos and Cambodia.

Hope to meet some of you soon.

Cheers

Matt
If Enduro is your thing then check out the Pattaya boys who rip it up around Khao Khiaw. Alternatively there's the beautiful and large Kanchanaburi province to the west that has great areas to explore and amazing scenery.

MattK

Apr 5, 2015
Thanks for the responses guys. I went to the last Kawasaki Enduro training thing at Bo Din which was great. Met a few Thai guys to ride with. Maybe a Myanmar trip in the works...

I have just got back from about 1000km around Kanchanaburi. Met the new owners of Baan Ricky, a Corsican couple who were very generous hosts. They are reopening in September and have a lot of plans for refurbishment.

Cheers
Matt

Mar 30, 2010
Sounds like you have been having a blast.

Kanchanburi is great isn't it.

I usually get to the kawa events but missed this one as in Lao.

Try and get down to xtreme enduro pattaya for the Sunday social ride.

I will pm you my contact details. There are a few of us bkk based that meet for beers and rides.

Cheers
Brian

Jan 4, 2014
MattK;305239 wrote: Thanks for the responses guys. I went to the last Kawasaki Enduro training thing at Bo Din which was great. Met a few Thai guys to ride with. Maybe a Myanmar trip in the works...

I have just got back from about 1000km around Kanchanaburi. Met the new owners of Baan Ricky, a Corsican couple who were very generous hosts. They are reopening in September and have a lot of plans for refurbishment.

Cheers
Matt
Friend of mine went to Baan Ricky last winter and ended up being taken on the trails behind it by a pair of Corsican riders who were extremely competent, if not pros/semi-pros. Sounds like one of them maybe the new owner.

I'm in Kanchanaburi now. Was riding some tough jungle single track yesterday that was wet and muddy due to the recent rains. Almost came a cropper when my water bladder emptied!

Let me know if you want a weekend trip here before the rains start proper, I'm here a few times a month.

MattK

Apr 5, 2015
I am away for the next month but will definitely be up for a trip when I return. Jaques is the owner, very solid rider.