New KTM importer in Thailand

Maha

Oct 7, 2009
For those who have not yet noticed, KTM importer in Thailand has changed from Kunka to Burn Rubber (same as Vespa importer I guess). They have opened new Flagship showroom in Bangkok in A square in the corner of Sukhumvit soi 26 and Rama IV (just next to Big C).

Here is Bangkok post article: http://www.bangkokpost.com/auto/news/839024/burn-rubber-banks-on-ktm-big-bikes

And they are in facebook under "KTM Thailand Official" (I think there are many KTM Thailand facebook pages, but only one is the official, so check the spelling).

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Excellent! Might get run properly now, and at Realistic Prices hopefully. Given the Prices of all the other Manufacturers it seems only KTM and Harley Davidson continue with Outrageous Pricing!!! Although KTM have lowered the price of some of their Small Bikes. A New 690 Enduro R at 3 or 400.00 would be nice instead of nearly 700.000 Ridiculous!!!

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Some images from the official KTM shop in Bangkok
DSCF0822.JPG

DSCF0825.JPG

DSCF0829.JPG

DSCF0831.JPG

DSCF0832.JPG

DSCF0833.JPG

DSCF0835.JPG

DSCF0837.JPG

DSCF0838.JPG

The distributor is Burn Rubber company, but the only website you seem to be able to find is the Facebook page
KTM Thailand | Facebook

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2009
Burnt Rubber and KTM went apart in January 2019. Burnt Rubber reportedly assures pending guarantee jobs. No new importer of KTM to Thailand known.

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
This Saga just goes on and on! I could refer to My Post above of 2 Years ago, Let's hope We get someone to take over who Runs it properly and they start selling at more realistic Prices! A lot of the models are after all manufactured in the Asian Region so the Feeble excuse for the Excessive prices is wearing thin!!! Plus of Course regional Distributors and decent service would be a help!!!

Aug 13, 2009
Only in the recent years bikes prices came down here in Thailand and off of their reputation to be a hobby of the wealthy. Without further insight, I remain a little irritated that both KTM importers claimed independently that issues with KTM did not give them enough economic flexibility. As far as I understood it is KTM who sets the prices.
With regard to the 'locally' manufactured KTM models with a competitive price tag my experience showed me a clear loss of quality in comparison to the European products: aftermarket power parts that did not fit, rusty welding and rusty washers after less than a year standing side by side with impeccable European models.

Clarky55

May 10, 2017
Pattaya
Been reading that CFmoto will be manufacturing the new &790 Adventure, so made in China... Could these models be destined to arrive here with a more realistic price I wonder??