Nong Khai Vientiane Friendship Bridge Question

Discussion in 'North-East Thailand - General Discussion Forum' started by Tightmopedman9, Jun 13, 2013.

1. I bought a CBR 150 about 3 weeks ago and just rode down from Chiang Mai to Nong Khai two days ago. I paid the taxes and insurance, but since I'm only on a tourist visa I couldn't get the green book in my name. I had the previous owner sign a permission to export form and also got a copy of his passport. Will this be enough to leave the country? I'm hoping I can cross the border into Vientiane tomorrow.

I've read the FAQ about border crossing documents; will I get some assistance at the border filling them out? Or, should I try and hire a translator for the process? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Loading...

3. Official word at the friendship bridge is that only 250cc or bigger is allowed through. Makes sense.

I went down to bueng kan/pakxan and tried to cross via a boat. I think I may have been able to, but no one spoke enough English for me to actually understand what paperwork I needed.

I wrote up a longer, somewhat satirical piece about all of it on my blog.

4. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the confirmation. If you want to write it up on GTR you are welcome to.

5. guichard

guichard Ol'Timer

hello,

Even if the Thai let him cross,there is no VOA in PAKXAN.

Cheers, Lung.