Pirelli Track Day at BIRA Circuit December 26th, 2010

Discussion in 'Events' started by TonyBKK, Dec 27, 2010.

1. TonyBKK

TonyBKK Ol'Timer

Fantastic Pirelli Track Day at BIRA Circuit on Boxing Day-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Was cool to meet GT Rider member JohnnyE and his son who came all the way from Chiang Mai to enjoy a day of fun at BIRA Circuit. That's his immaculate RVF400 in the pic above. Beautiful bike!

Here's a vid from a friend of a friend:

Great to see West as well. He was riding a mean looking and sweet sounding GSXR 1000 K5.

Here's a vid I took while riding behind West for a coupe of laps:

I thought I'd be riding my K5 as well but when I fired her up the day before I got an engine light so I need to figure out what's going on before I take her to the track. I took her for a short run and she seems to run just fine, but don't want to risk a track day until I know why that light is on. Lots of K5 and K6 riders at BIRA and they suggested it could be a fuel issue as the bike has been sitting for a while with a tank full of gasohol...

Fortunately I've got the ER6n "RR" as backup ;-)

British Superbike and Irish roads racer, Gary Johnson won the Red Race by a very comfortable margin and gave me some free advice on the suspension setup of my ER6n- THANK YOU GARY!

Felt good and managed to beat my personal best lap time and clock a 1:14 lap here:

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

2. Loading...

3. TonyBKK

TonyBKK Ol'Timer

I was reminded yesterday at BIRA Circuit that the limiting factor is usually the rider and not the bike when Blue Rider Mickey kept passing me on his Kawasaki Ninja 250R-
    [​IMG]

Damn he's quick and fearless!!! Here's a video of me chasing him:

Catching and passing him was NOT easy!!! I had no idea a Ninja 250R could go that fast!

[​IMG]

Ride On!

Tony
    [​IMG]

4. Ian Bungy

Ian Bungy Ol'Timer

Well done Tony! Great Videos! I can't believe that an 250 Ninja is that Fast? Must have had a lot of Work done to it surely? Incredible! Keep up the Good Work.

5. west55

west55 Member

Hi Tony, surely you have set a benchmark with that time. You rode exceptionaly well, congrats ! Thanks for the vid of our warm up laps. Cheers West