Rack fabrication in CM.

Mar 11, 2008
I need to have something knocked up. I have a tail rack, pretty decent quality, but I want to have something made to extend from its mounting bolts on both sides to hold my saddlebags out over and away from the exhaust, more like a wire shield than a major load bearing part.

Theres mount points, and its not hard to imagine a workable design, I just need to find someone who would fab one up, ideally out of some nice stainless but beggars cant be choosers.

Any suggestions on who in CM might do this ?? Ideally a fair price and bonus marks for some small level of basic english communication ??

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
Try Joe at Joe's Bikeshop.
or go to Somchit direct.
Again you could go to Richie who will also powdercoat or chrome it.

Mar 11, 2008
Thanks for the ideas.. Nats been pretty decent with me so far with the Blade so will go ask and see. Who / where is Somchit direct ??

As for powdercoat / chrome.. Its only a saddlebag rack so just needs to be functional.

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
LivinLOS;265736 wrote: Thanks for the ideas.. Nats been pretty decent with me so far with the Blade so will go ask and see. Who / where is Somchit direct ??

As for powdercoat / chrome.. Its only a saddlebag rack so just needs to be functional.
See this post here & the inclusive link to others,
Somchit

Nat @ Piston Shop is first class and there's another fabricator around the corner from him.

Good luck.

gobs

Feb 8, 2007
Hi all,

I do agree: Deng Glon Pratoo(near Airport Plazza) is THE place to know here in CNX.
I ordered (and still order) many things (aluminium alloy, iron/steel or stainless steel) from them and never add any problem.
They especially did brackets and holders for my Givi saddle-bags on my FZ6F: 2500 Bahts the set with "automotive black coating" if I remember well...
More convenient if you can bring a rough drawing of what you want and the set of bags.

LivinLOS: why shouldn't you go for stainless steel brackets? They can polish them for the "look" and no rust-problem...

Many thai and foreign bikers there. But no english speaking...

Very kind, smiling and easy people there: if you are in the mood, don't hesitate to joke with them!

Cheese,
Gobs

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
There is Shop not far from the X-Centre who makes all the Racks and Exhausts for the Kawasaki Shop here and most of the ones You see in BKK and on the D-Tracker Web Site! Makes some pretty Impressive Copy Exhausts!!! If You drop in one Day I can Show You the Shop and You can deal with Him Direct? Will Save You the 1000 Baht that the others Tag on!

Mar 11, 2008
gobs;265943 wrote:
LivinLOS: why shouldn't you go for stainless steel brackets? They can polish them for the "look" and no rust-problem...
Have no problem with using stainless, it would be perfect as I said in the OP.. The only comment I made was over chroming or powder coat as I kinda feel thats overkill for a rack. Function over shine for one.

If I am passing the X Center I will pop in and say hi anyway..