Riding condition real time?

Discussion in 'Northern Thailand - General Discussion Forum' started by yankee99, Jul 22, 2013.

1. yankee99

yankee99 Ol'Timer

I am planning to ride up to cm tomorrow for a few days of sport riding. I would like to know how the roads are around the loop? Anything to be avoided etc.

thanks

2. Loading...

3. monty1412

monty1412 Ol'Timer

y99, i did the loop two days ago.. all in good nick... on start of loop going out from 121 about 1.5k in there is a bit of light gravel on road where quarry trucks pull out otherwise no issues... if you go further a field like 118/ 107 they are in good condition however avoid 118 if its wet.. glazed shiny stuff like weaering socks on a freshly waxed floor...

4. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

Exactly which loop are we talking about?

5. yankee99

yankee99 Ol'Timer

mae hong son ..... sorry didnt know there was another one. i guess i need to get out more.

6. DavidFL

The Mae Hong Son Lop
    The Samoeng Loop
    The Phrao Loops
    there are heaps to do & ride North Thailand

Check some of these out here
    http://www.gt-rider.com/tour-options/chiang-mai-thailand/touring-loops-day-rides
    and here
    http://www.gt-rider.com/tour-options/chiang-mai-thailand/touring-loops-overnight-rides

For the MHS loop I think generally it should all be ok.
    Mae Malai - Pai gets a bit bumpy n places
    Pai - Soppong -MHs - Khun Yuam is pretty much race track surface.
    Khun Yuam - Mae Sarieng - Kong Loi is not as good.
    Kong Loi - Hot is sometimes patchy asphalt up on the ridge line
    Hot - Chomthong should just about be all 4-lane now.
    Chomthong - Cnx = fast 4 lane dual carriageway.

Enjoy. There is a lot of cloud cover & showers around.

7. yankee99

yankee99 Ol'Timer

great info really appreciate it. Last time i was in cm i did the sight-seeing tour as the wife was with me. Now i am going solo on the z1000 and riding will be the priority

8. DavidFL

Take it easy. No rush. Ride to return....you've got nothing to prove. Check your tyres & air pressure before you set off.