Riding condition real time?

Jul 15, 2012
I am planning to ride up to cm tomorrow for a few days of sport riding. I would like to know how the roads are around the loop? Anything to be avoided etc.

thanks

Oct 16, 2011
y99, i did the loop two days ago.. all in good nick... on start of loop going out from 121 about 1.5k in there is a bit of light gravel on road where quarry trucks pull out otherwise no issues... if you go further a field like 118/ 107 they are in good condition however avoid 118 if its wet.. glazed shiny stuff like weaering socks on a freshly waxed floor...

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
yankee99;291907 wrote: mae hong son ..... sorry didnt know there was another one. i guess i need to get out more.
The Mae Hong Son Lop
The Samoeng Loop
The Phrao Loops
there are heaps to do & ride North Thailand

Check some of these out here
https://www.gt-rider.com/tour-options/chiang-mai-thailand/touring-loops-day-rides
and here
https://www.gt-rider.com/tour-options/chiang-mai-thailand/touring-loops-overnight-rides

For the MHS loop I think generally it should all be ok.
Mae Malai - Pai gets a bit bumpy n places
Pai - Soppong -MHs - Khun Yuam is pretty much race track surface.
Khun Yuam - Mae Sarieng - Kong Loi is not as good.
Kong Loi - Hot is sometimes patchy asphalt up on the ridge line
Hot - Chomthong should just about be all 4-lane now.
Chomthong - Cnx = fast 4 lane dual carriageway.

Enjoy. There is a lot of cloud cover & showers around.

Jul 15, 2012
great info really appreciate it. Last time i was in cm i did the sight-seeing tour as the wife was with me. Now i am going solo on the z1000 and riding will be the priority

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
yankee99;291911 wrote: great info really appreciate it. Last time i was in cm i did the sight-seeing tour as the wife was with me. Now i am going solo on the z1000 and riding will be the priority
Take it easy. No rush. Ride to return....you've got nothing to prove. Check your tyres & air pressure before you set off.