Royal Enfield Continental GT

Discussion in 'General Discussion / News / Information' started by Cruising, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Cruising

Cruising Ol'Timer

2. Loading...

3. mikerust

mikerust Ol'Timer

My memory was faint but that looks a lot like the late 60's 250 GT.

I wonder if there would be a huge market in Asia for a 250 version?

Attached files [​IMG]
  4. DesmoNut

DesmoNut Active Member

Something very similar in appearance to this was a "special" offered by the then UK importer, Wilf Green (?), maybe 5 or 6 years ago but using the older frame & 500 engine with performance mods.

This is just the sort of bike that'd get me interested - assuming nobody will ever come up with a modernised Ducati single as in my avatar - since I've always been a big fan of single-cylinder bikes and I think I'd be a customer but the Thai import duties & taxes would make it a financially impractical. Would suit my needs far more than any large bike currently available here.
  5. Hoghead

Hoghead Ol'Timer

I like this classic style engine more than the new unit job, but time moves on.
    Here is my RE, and just fitted a new 535 top end and intake to boost the power to an actual 32 from an alleged 22 (more like 18)
    Off to Daeng this week for a new SS megaphone exhaust sort of like this new one

Given the price of the Enfield in Thailand I do not think that they have a hope in selling these against modern, quality, cheaper, more powerful, Japanese bikes.

Attached files [​IMG]
  6. Ian Bungy

Ian Bungy Ol'Timer

That is one Cool looking Bike though! It would be very tempting at the Right Price but if it is anything like other Enfields it would be a Sad disappointment with Power? But the New Unit Engine may be a Step up? The Looks are fantastic and Top Quality Components!