The Erotic Garden Tea House - Mae Rim

Discussion in 'Northern Thailand - Road Trip Reports' started by DavidFL, Jan 17, 2015.

1. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

Spotted riding down the road a sign for The Erotic Garden.

Hey what the heck is that.....something new & probably worth checking out I thought.

[​IMG]

The garden entrance & tea house
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

& into the garden
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The garden is meant to be a sensual journey of art.

Many of the flowers & bushes planted have special erotic fragrances & qualities.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only open a few days it is still a work in progress
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The tea house serves coffees, tea & lunches.
    [​IMG]
    They will also cater to private functions.

There is a nice outdoor sala to sit & relax & soak up the erotic ambience.
    [​IMG]

Location: Soi 5 of Huay Sai village about 2kms north of Prem International School.
    On the GTR Mae Sa Valley Samoeng loop map it would look like this.
    GTR-Erotic Garden MapB.jpg

Chiang Mai Erotic Garden & Teahouse
    Chiangmai Erotic Garden | Chiangmai Erotic Sculpture Garden and Tea house
    Huay Sai Soi 5 ,
    Mae Rim, Chiang Mai
    Tel.083-318-4855 , 098-584-7662

The Chiang Mai Erotic Garden is well worth checking out before the selfie masses discover it.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  2. Loading...

3. Jurgen

Jurgen Ol'Timer

For sure an inspiring place ... thank you for researching it David!

4. Philigran

Philigran Member

Very nice .... guess I need to come back to Thailand hit the road again. Seems like you were there all by yourself?!

5. Ian Bungy

Ian Bungy Ol'Timer

Well that's something Different?

6. ianyonok

ianyonok Ol'Timer

Possibly, only in Thailand could you build a tea house like this and not offend anyone. Hope they do well........

7. blackb15

blackb15 Ol'Timer

It's a good job it's not the first of April 😜

Safe riding
    Paul

8. Johpa

Johpa Ol'Timer

From my contacts in Huai Sai it sounds like she invested 3,000,000 baat into the sculptures and landscaping. Too bad I would not be willing to pay money to see phalli.

9. Philigran

Philigran Member

10. DavidFL

Ha Ha & thanks
    Indeed I've been fossicking around here for a long time,

1988 & the original Bikers Guide to North Thailand.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/showthread.php/40134-Motorcycle-Touring-Guide-Book-to-North-Thailand

1991 & the start of the fame for the MHS Loop. & I reckon this is where the name MHS Loop started from. Before this it was unknown as the MHS Loop.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/showthread.php/30760-MHS-Loop-Book-1991

How time flies by

More here
    http://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/forumdisplay.php/42-Golden-Oldies

Enjoy

scotty007 likes this.
  11. David Learmonth

David Learmonth Ol'Timer

Called in last week. No admission charge. Certainly 'different'...............
    Lots of various teas available to drink. Had Bhutan tea which apparently is made of bark - very good it was too.
    Lady owner is very friendly & speaks excellent English. Food also available.

12. Philigran

Philigran Member

Wow, a true pioneer. Those must have been the times. So much beter than these days I reckon.

Have you already been living in Thailand back then David? Thanks for contributing so much to the community. I also hope to add a little report to GT Rider soon.

Cheers!

Philipp

13. harrythefinn

harrythefinn Ol'Timer

14. DavidFL

Yeah an amusing raid I understand.
    The night before I bumped into the cops at a local restaurant, they were lost & asked me for directions after getting confused talking to another dutch guy where the place was & what was going on.
    The cop had an image on his phone of some newspaper headlines from the west, The caption headlines were "The Garden of Hedon."
    I googled this later & turned turn up the Huffington Post story
    [​IMG]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/09/erotic-garden-taiwan_n_6646136.html

Slightly sensation eye catching headlines & a bit of a humourous story to get your attention & sell newspapers?
    You have to laugh at the URL address though erotic-garden-taiwan?
    Evidence of how on the ball they are - Tawian / Thailand, probably the same place out there in S E Asia.

Anyway the cops thought they were onto some swinging sex joint & hoped to catch the bad guys & gals out & at it.
    How surprised they were to find it a private residence, no bungalows & nothing going on.
    Katai the owner showed them her bedroom, the maids quarters & there was nothing going on. No prostitutes, no hangers on.
    The raid lasted an hour.
    The police confessed they had been mislead - the big guys in Bkk requesting the raid via Region 5; & the next day agreed to bring the press to check out the Erotic Garden for all to see & understand that it was simply an art garden, albeit a different one to what Thai people are normally used to.

How did this raid all happen? Well 3 farang teachers from Chiang Mai visited the Teahouse garden took some good photos & one of them sold the photos to Getty Images. He must have hit the jackpot, because the images & story consequently went around the world on the net. Within 48 hrs it was reported back to Bkk that there was a sex garden operating in Mae Rim & out came the coppers. Sorry guys false alarm, but please while you are here please take a guided tour & a good look around then bring the press so that everybody knows & there is no more misunderstanding.

Very stressful at the time, K Katai the owner is now most pleased with the free publicity - it should be in all the Thai press in the next 48 hours, if not today.
    The TV will probably come next.

The Erotic Garden & Teahouse is indeed different, not exactly your normal Thai, but as Katai says we are international in Thailand now & need to broaden our perspectives.

Chiang Mai City Life ran a nice informative article on Katai & the Erotic Garden, that you can check out, when their website comes back.
    Attached files

15. DavidFL

UPDATE
    I slipped out to the Erotic Garden today for a cuppa 'n chat with K Katai; & the garden is now looking immaculate.
    Every two weeks "gardeners" come from Nong Nooch in Pattaya to ensure the grounds remain in top shape.

If you have not been to the Erotic Garden, then put the place on your hit list.
    And the best time to go is late afternoon for the best photography light

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check it out sometime, don't be shy. The place is well worth a visit.
    Even the head of Mae Rim police has visited off duty, with his family.

16. DavidFL

A lazy Sunday afternoon & cuppa tea with the charming Khun Katai
    GTR - IMG_7673C.JPG
    She has a couple of new pieces on display at the Erotic Garden
    GTR - IMG_7655.JPG
    GTR - IMG_7656.JPG
    GTR - IMG_7660.JPG
    GTR - IMG_7661.JPG

GTR - IMG_7659.JPG

& if you venture out there for a very amusing experience, Katai's information on the perfect breasts & nipples as agreed by international plastic surgeons is interesting.

She also had a visit from an American organ transplant doctor who had this to say about the Erotic garden
    I visited the Erotic Garden with my late teen sons. It is in a beautiful setting near rice fields and a temple. The designer/owner was an incredibly gracious hostess who has taken great care in creating a truly one of a kind place. It is NOT about sex, but about the intersection between art and the erotic as part of being human. It is also not designed as a gimmick or tourist attraction. It is a walk through a beautiful garden with sculptures of the erotic parts of human anatomy, done in a tasteful and artistic manner. We all enjoyed it, and were able to share tea with the owner. One of a kind.​

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016