Turbo Charger

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ray23, Mar 29, 2008.

1. ray23

ray23 Ol'Timer

Any ideas where to get a turbo charger for a 400 Dragstar?

Someone who whould know how to install one properly?

What are the pros and cons?

I really love the bike just need soem piss and vinegar in passing

2. Loading...

3. monsterman

monsterman Ol'Timer

not a good idea , lots of heat , poor throttle response , complications etc thats why they dropped the idea on bikes backj in the 80s....buy a bigger engined bike and save yourself a load of hassle.

4. ray23

ray23 Ol'Timer

Thanks

5. mikerust

mikerust Ol'Timer

Ray,

You may wish to contact Tyga in Pattaya. They have a turbo kit for a CBR250R so may be able to do something for you. If you can't find them let me know.

As MM says it may only be 98.8% reliable but what a converation piece.

6. ray23

ray23 Ol'Timer

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know darn thing runs good now first time I have had a bike here that spent more time on the road then the shop :roll:

7. mikerust

mikerust Ol'Timer

8. ray23

ray23 Ol'Timer

Thanks Mike I will check it out, they don't happen to have e-mail address do they?

9. mikerust

mikerust Ol'Timer

Technical matt(at)tyga-performance.com

Commercial paul(at)tyga-performance.com

They don't do business in Thailand :wink:

If you look closely at the name on my exhaust 8)

[​IMG]

10. ray23

ray23 Ol'Timer

Well one thing about this time of year fuel is expensive it's hot and lots of time for research Thanks

Ray

11. tropicaljohno

tropicaljohno Ol'Timer

Ray

break into the Piggy Bank and get yourself a Kawasaki 900 Custom or Classic

900cc
    Belt Drive
    2 year unlimited mileage warranty
    Custom has mag wheels
    Classic has spoked wheels
    both same same price
    460,000 baht

saw them at the Bangkok Motor Show yesterday, looked impressive

ps (I know we shouldnt talk about cars on this board, but currently in the new Honda Car dealership in Udon, what a place, getting service done on Jazz, and have 6 x 19" flat screens with free WWW, theatre room to watch movies etc, unreal.. will give you a ring Ray and meet up whilst we are yp here)

12. ray23

ray23 Ol'Timer

Piggy Bank Ain't that big but it sounds nice :lol:

13. daewoo

daewoo Ol'Timer

For anyone who knows TJ, that is his idea of heaven...

Cheers,
    Daewoo

14. Dougal

Dougal Ol'Timer

Yeh I saw thw kawa 900 and it looks a beauty.

Just out of interest Capt. what is so bad about a belt drive? The question comes from ignorance.

15. mikerust

mikerust Ol'Timer

For anyone who knows TJ, that is his idea of heaven...

Cheers,
    Daewoo
    I heard TJ recently won 100,000 baht at a Phuket cock fight. The police suspect fowl play.

16. tropicaljohno

tropicaljohno Ol'Timer

Blimey the knives are certainly out for me this week......

When I lived in Sydney, I had to ride over the Harbour Bridge every day, and it was 5 cents for my motor bike.

Occasionally the toll collectors would go on strike, so the bridge was free. As cars pay 20 cents, when it was free I would take the car to work, as that way I would save 20 cents instead of 5 cents....

RAY, getting back on the subject of your turbo.... you realise that if you installed one, you would certainly have to update your brakes as the single disc front and drum rear wouln't be adequate enuf.

Whilst in Bangkok checked out the bike dismantlers place. They had an immaculate white Dragstar 1100 for sale, 240,000 plus 80,000 for the book. (Mind you makes the Vulcan even more of a bargain)

17. ray23

ray23 Ol'Timer

Actually sound like it would probably be overkill for me, all I want to do is pass a little faster :lol:

I very seldom run over 100, but with the beast not a left to pass with.

Actually other then that I am very happy with the bike I have

18. mikerust

mikerust Ol'Timer

Ray,

When you run at 100 (kph) does the bike have a tach? Do you down shift to pass? What rpm are you pulling. How does that fit the power curve of the bike?

19. ray23

ray23 Ol'Timer

You know that might be a much better place to start and get a electroinc Tach. As I recall 31 HP at 7500 Rpm's

20. Pikey

Pikey Ol'Timer

Hi Ray,

What about a bottle of Nitrous? Having trouble passing? The bike is wheezing? Hit the button and hang on!!! Would be fun eh :twisted:

Cheers,

Pikey.

21. Dougal

Dougal Ol'Timer

Never thought of that. Thanks Capt.

i suppose you could always put a guard on it... but why worry if you don't have to.

22. mikerust

mikerust Ol'Timer

From a dragstar forum.

[​IMG]

Tyga?

OR

http://www.altsale.com/airmod.htm

PLUS

http://www.thunderproducts.com/dial_a_jet.htm

23. KZ

KZ Ol'Timer

Seems to me that the answer to a Dragstar 400 that needs more power would be a Dragstar 1100...
    31 hp @ 7500rpm? - Even my little 250cc fourstroke makes more hp than that and weighs less... (-: