Tyre in Bangkok

helenk

Mar 26, 2005
Hi All,

Anybody know where I can get a tyre in Bangkok. Peter (Siamsuperbike) is closed till the 6th and we need to get away before then. It's for the back of a TDM850.

Happy New Year,
Dave and Hel

Look at our photos:
Link removed

wimpy

Jan 31, 2005
I usually buy from:

"Dumrong Yang Yont
(Pure Motor) The owner is knowledgeable, confident, and speaks good English. 453 Maitrichit Road.
Tel: 02-222-3789"

He will send to Chiang Mai for a couple hundred baht.

helenk

Mar 26, 2005

Dave
This was my first port of call but only Peter's website gives holiday opening times. I guess they are all closed today but will start phoning tomorrow. Is it a Bridgestone that you have on the back of yours? I may try to get the same, or a Metz Tourance. That guy on the Dominator said his were virtually unpuncturable.

Wimpy
Thanks for that, I'll try him tomorrow.

Be cool,
Dave

Look at our photos:
Link removed

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
David-

Mine is a Michelin Anakee. Not to be a smartass, but didn't you know you needed a tire before the holiday? [;)]

Dave Early

Ever notice that "What the Heck!" is usually the right answer?

helenk

Mar 26, 2005
Wimpy [:D]
Top tip, thanks for that. The guy was friendly and helpful and knew the rear fitment of a TDM without reference. I got the tyre, yesterday, for 4900B; seemed like a bargain.

BobS [;)]
Thanks for the call, generosity beyond the call of duty again. You haven't got a hard luggage system knocking about have you......?

Dave [?]
Got an Anakee. Good and stable at 100mph (scrubbing in). Buying in Bangkok made sense to me, am I missing something?

Look at our photos:
Link removed