What is the meaning of a biker

Jul 17, 2007
Sukie wrote: Im a total idiot regarding these things but can someone tell me how to post pics on this forum.

Best,
Sukie
You've nearly got it.

I'll add a little to happy feet's post

The quickest way would be to register at am image-hosting website such as Onfinite- www.onfinite.com

Once registered, you'll be sent a confirmation email which contains a link. Click on it and log in.

Upload your images to your 'album'.

62a.jpg

Once uploaded, select your image. It's Media URL will appear on the right.

Highlight and copy (Ctrl + C) it.

In the GT-Riders forum post/reply box, click the "Img" button, paste (Ctrl + V) your copied URL and then click the "Img*" button again.

Your line of code should look like this for a JPEG image-

Note the forward slash goes in the end tag, not at the beginning.

Sukie

Jul 1, 2008
Thx everyone on advise on how to post pics.

Below are pics from our Loei trip.

Riding around Thailand a lot always amazes me what you can stumble upon sometime - Founded this French inspired garden between Chiang Khan & sri Chiangmai
81b.jpg

At Dan Sai - Phi Ta khon Festival
ccf.jpg

Met up with BM group in Loei
8da.jpg

Sukie & Richi bike on back road 2114 to Chiang Khan
dba.jpg

Tiger Chilling at Garden
e2f.jpg

"When I grow up I want to be just like you Dad"
ced.jpg

Jun 21, 2006
on a dirt ride once, myself and bignsmall wre at the side of the trail when we heard an almighty roar of 3-4 what we presumed were big modern thumpers we were thinking ktm's or wr's.
when the noise finally turned into visual contact we saw not european enduro masters out training for erzberg but sombat, somchai and their cousin on " supercup" dreams and waves complete with 15year old motocross boots, shorts, t-shirt, gardening gloves and no helmets. with i think 2 kneeguards and one elbow guard shared between 3 riders. one guy was riding with his whisky still in the front basket of his honda dream!
yet despite their obvious lack of wealth and sanity they were having the time of their lives and helped us fix a stricken green machine that someone had unceremoniously dumped into a river. these guys are as much a biker as anyone else i know. great to see!!

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
honda honky wrote: on a dirt ride once, myself and bignsmall wre at the side of the trail when we heard an almighty roar of 3-4 what we presumed were big modern thumpers we were thinking ktm's or wr's.
when the noise finally turned into visual contact we saw not european enduro masters out training for erzberg but sombat, somchai and their cousin on " supercup" dreams and waves complete with 15year old motocross boots, shorts, t-shirt, gardening gloves and no helmets. with i think 2 kneeguards and one elbow guard shared between 3 riders. one guy was riding with his whisky still in the front basket of his honda dream!
yet despite their obvious lack of wealth and sanity they were having the time of their lives and helped us fix a stricken green machine that someone had unceremoniously dumped into a river. these guys are as much a biker as anyone else i know. great to see!!
You're 100% correct. It is amazing what some of the riders here are able to do with so much less than we have. I have laughed many times when we get to some out of the way place that we think is a real accomplishment, with all our gear and fancy bikes, and the locals come tottering by on their daily run to the market looking at us like we are from Mars.

Sukie

Jul 1, 2008
I was once driving down from Luang Prabang and encountered a group of bikers unlike none others I had met before. They were a Vietnamese family consisting of mom, dad, uncles, aunts, sons, daughters and a 76-year-old grandmother. Now get this! - the whole clan had ridden from Ho Chi Minh City to Luang Prabang on tiny 125cc motorbikes. With the return trip to Ho Chi Minh City you're talking nearly 3,400km in total. What astonished me the most was the grandmother clinging on to the back of her son - they even had matching jackets especially made for the trip.

Seeing them got me thinking that I totally disagree with some bikers saying you need this and that to go on a big trip - 1000cc bikes, aluminum luggage, GPS, latest riding gears and accessories, etc

This family from Vietnam proves my point that anyone can plan and go on a long bike journey. All you need is the will to do it. They had made an impression on me far more than any other group of riders I had encountered on the road.

78b.jpg

661.jpg

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Sukie, you're right, all that's needed is a bike be it 125 cc or 1000 up AND the right attitude, "I'm gonna do this trip". Of course some weather protection is needed but it doesn't need to be Dainese....I like both your above pictures !!!!!!!! Cheers, Franz

Jul 17, 2007
Sukie wrote: Thx everyone on advise on how to post pics.

Below are pics from our Loei trip.

Riding around Thailand a lot always amazes me what you can stumble upon sometime - Founded this French inspired garden between Chiang Khan & sri Chiangmai
81b.jpg

At Dan Sai - Phi Ta khon Festival
ccf.jpg

Met up with BM group in Loei
8da.jpg

Sukie & Richi bike on back road 2114 to Chiang Khan
dba.jpg

Tiger Chilling at Garden
e2f.jpg

"When I grow up I want to be just like you Dad"
ced.jpg
If you delete images from your Onfinite album, they won't be seen.
So if you're posting large amounts of images, it's probably worth subscribing for $2, 1000MB storage.
There may be other sites that offer morerstorage for free.

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
Yep, sometimes less is more. In Thailand 250cc is a good compromise, not too big, not too small. XT250; Ninja 250; D-Tracker; VTR 250; 250 Hornet Four a.s.o.

Oct 17, 2006
A real biker is a decent human being who loves bikes and riding.whatever the make of bike or style , race replica,chopper ,tourer,classic etc.