Going To Ko Phangan And Ko Tao With A Scooter?

brecchi

Oct 14, 2018
Hello, I am headed south out of Bangkok with the idea of meeting some friends in Ko Phangan and then to Ko Tao. Is there an ideal way to bring me and the Honda PCX150 I will be riding, whether from Chumphon or Surat Thani? I plan to head further south towards Malaysia after a few days in the islands. If it becomes a bit too complicated, I may just go to Ko Tao. Thanks for any advice.

Dodraugen

Subscribed
Aug 19, 2012
Lampang
Raja ferry, 6 times pr day, 2,5 hours sailing time. Then again, last time I was on Koh Phangan it was about 2-3 kms of motorable roads there. So I dont quite see the point bringing a motorbike there...
(Too be honest it was 12-13 years ago so roads have probably gotten better and longer...)
Note - the ferry leaves from Don Sak ferry pier which is ~ 65-70 kms outside of Surat Thani city center.
eTicket

Last edited:

brecchi

Oct 14, 2018
Hello again, I have actually decided to forgo Ko Phangan and go directly from Chumphon to Ko Tao. I have heard of a night ferry for vehicles, I wonder if there is more flexibility on daily boats with a scooter in tow.

Feb 23, 2016
Death Valley - Sydney
The island is now serviced by many kms of good quality sealed roads. A word of warning though... The road from Thong Sala out through Baan Tai to Haad Rin is best avoided after dark. Especially any time close to full moon when there's hordes of pissed up tourists pushing their luck.