Royal Enfield Bullet - Much Modified

Feb 5, 2007
DSC_0063-2 (6).JPG
2000 Royal Enfield 535 Bullet. This is the classic RE pre-unit construction Bullet rather than the “new” unit engine/box models made now. Originally a rare Indian 535 Lightning domestic model that I bought in India for a tour, had rebuilt in India, and then properly rebuilt and hot-rodded by myself. At approx. 30-32 Hp, this is far from your stock RE Bullet.

The very good part:

ACE Clubman cylinder head, hand ported by the famous late Joe Mondello himself. Kibblewhite Black Diamond oversize valves, and custom springs with keepers. Samarat rockers and pushrods. Poppet style compression relief valve

Mikuni TM32 flatslide carb

Hichocks 8.5:1 piston, running in a Hichocks alloy cylinder

ACE cams

ACE air cleaner

5 plate clutch

19T counter sprocket

Boranni aluminium rims on stainless spokes

Powdercoated frame and ancillary bits

Fork cartridge emulators, and springs

Huge front brake rotor gripped by Tokio calliper and matching Nissin MC. Stainless lines

New 5 speed RH shift gearbox, plus the original rebuilt 4 speed

Boyer electronic ignition, inside a rebuilt distributor

Headset has Timken tapered roller bearings rather than the very crappy RE design

Completely rebuilt and sorted with all wear parts new. Plus a REALLY big box of spares covering most parts you will need in the foreseeable future

No more than a few hundred Km since built and only selling because I have a bad hip now and reluctant to start it anymore.

The bad part:

No green book and Excise tax paid documents only.

150,000 THB firm. No test pilots or wankers

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2007
A few, but I was getting reluctant to start it, so time to go.
I am going to sell my mint T140 Bonnie when I go back to Canada this summer for the same reason

Reactions: Ian Bungy