Thumper Dual Sport Chiang Mai. (EG Single cylinder 4 strokes).

Biggles

Subscribed
Dec 11, 2012
I want to do a monthly ride for Thumper Dual Sport bikes. EG Single cylinder 4 strokes. Theres a plethora of groups for CB500&X & Versys & Beemer GS, cruisers and all that stuff. I want to do something different. A regular ride that combines a bit of hills mid level dirt, dirt road & sealed road suitable for bikes like CRF/M 250 & 300, KLX/DTR 250 & 300, maybe DRZ400, the odd KTM etc. Most rides would be for experienced riders only, with maybe an occasional ride of this type for learners to encourage newbies. I’m nearing finishing a house build, & I’ve been wanting to do this for ages. I’ve converted my 250 DTracker for the purpose. Any takers? Whilst I’m happy to do a few Q&A on this forum re this idea with interested members, I’d rather discuss how this might work initially, & where it rides to, face to face in Chiang Mai, maybe over lunch in a place, date & time to be agreed. The idea being that all ride participants share all the decisions of the group and also put mutual effort into where we ride to etc. More face to face, less social media apps etc.

Reactions: Guzzibs

KarlT

Dec 21, 2022
Hi. Any progress on this.
My plans are evolving too.
I'd initially thought of Vietnam Laos Cambodia but being realistic I haven't got time this year.
I'm now thinking 4/5 weeks in Thailand.
A week Thai boxing camp.
A week beach and party.
2 weeks biking in the mountains.
(Keen CRF250-er, and ktm 1190R coming next week, love being tested in the dirt)
Love to hear ideas of where to go for each week and where to hire a CRF type bike and what biking route.
Thanks guys.
All advice appreciate

Biggles

Subscribed
Dec 11, 2012
Hello KarlT. No progress, as no interest thus far from anyone, which I find amazing, as such bikes I describe and or something a tad bigger with a little ADV design / spec such as VStrom is best all round real world ride for this part of the world. My one off house completion is taking way too long, but thats life in TH. So, if you are in CM leave me a message on here and we can catch up. But realise with house build I only look at email every 7-10 days, so emailing at last minute is not a good idea. I live in Hang Dong, and suggest maybe Udom House (A Bar) near Wang Tan or maybe a Coffee Shop called Mug, if alcohol is not your thing.

Biggles

Subscribed
Dec 11, 2012
Also KarlT. For hire bike recommendations I suggest you look up Chiang Mai Motorcycle Rider on the dreaded FaceBook, join that and ask there. I never hire bikes here, as I have my own. Choose carefully, choose a few Co’s, look at all and choose one from that. Do not book in advance unseen. Thats best advice I can give you. There is one place on Ping River near Narrawat Bridge which I’ve heard good things about. I think its called CM or CP Motorcycle Hire. Good luck with it.