Tropical Johns ill health

Oct 17, 2006
We visited John. Very delighted that he gulped down 4 pieces of cake from the French Bakery.
Whatever makes him strong. We talked about his riding and sailing wishes.

Oct 17, 2006
I have to thank Noel for making me aware that the cake for John , however well meant , was not good. In addition to his other problems John has a very high sugar level.

So next time no cake!

Joko

Dec 10, 2006
Am happy to know that John is getting better...

Do send him my best wishes and I hope to get to phuket some time midNovember for a quick visit.

Thank you..

JokoHmX

Mar 21, 2007
TJ is back at home and more comfortable.
He had another spell in hospital and quite frankly this will be a more recurrent experience.
Elle as always is doing a fantastic job and Noel, away for a family visit , has been holding the whole operation together. Make no mistake the time and effort put in to juggle funds, pay bills, deal with doctors, family and of course maintaining a positive attitude for TJ is an enormous undertaking and these two people need all our gratitude.
TJ , well is TJ...some days are good and some are bad. He's pretty much now confined to a wheelchair and has lost the use of his left arm. The brain is still functioning fairly well with the odd short circuit...but hey that happens to most of us on a day out with your mates !
An old mate, forget his name now, dropped in on the way down to Sepang. this obviously fired up the old boy ! He phoned up Noel late one night and announced that he was going to get all his camping gear together...load up the Jazz...and get elle to drive him down to Sepang to watch the GP !!!
Now if that isn't spirit i don't know what is! :lol:
Noel and I had to pull ourselves off the floor talking about it later...TJ continues to amaze us and the sense of humour is still there.
I think all we can hope for is that he remains comfortable and maintains a certain quality of life...once that goes its best he just slips away.
I'll be seeing him later today so if you'd like me to pass on comments, wishes etc post here...remember he likes to be given stick...
Thanks to those out there who've been a continued source of support...its times like these when true men are shown...

Joko

Dec 10, 2006
Please sned TJ my best wishes.

Tell him the motoGP at Sepang is not the same with the presence of campers! But then again, if TJ & gang were to camp there, the late afternoon & evening will see REALLY heavy monsoon rain plus blast of VERY strong wind!

It will be a wet race later today and tomorrow.

joko

Nov 14, 2004
:p Please continue to send T.J our best from Australia, we may be miles away but our thoughts are with him and the ever present family.

Scott......

Mar 21, 2007
TJ had a good day saturday ! We spent a good few hours on sat arvo...physically he is not in good shape but the wit and humour is still there.
we had a lot of good laughs which does wonders for anyones soul !
Passed on messages and he's very grateful for support and good wishes.
Anyway i trust he enjoyed the Moto GP ...2nd and 3rd was a good race ...

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Thanks for the update Simon and after reading it I thought I'd give the bugger a call. Just got off the phone with him and he sounded good - lucid and chatty. Said you visited the other day and that he watched MotoGP yesterday. He has plans to visit the north a couple of times to check the house in Nong Khai and he told me that he's had a winch rigged up to get him and the wheelchair into the house - great stuff!

Talking with Elle it seems like a visit to CNX could also be on the cards in December. Let's hope that his physical condition doesn't preclude that. I know I speak for all of us "up here" when I say thanks a lot to you guys down there for rallying around and supporting TJ in so many ways. Not an easy job for sure and we all appreciate the great community spirit.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Aug 27, 2007
TJ taken to ICU in Phuket International Hospital last night with seizures. He is stable, comfortable and feeling no pain. The hospital is doing a great job.

Take care out there guys......sitting in ICU at present ...this is not a fun place

Cheers Noel

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
You know guys John is one of my favorite people. I miss seeing him on the fourm and my occaional meeting with him Udon. To be honest if I had known this wa going to happen I would have made a lot effort to spend time with a remarkable guy.

I was looking forward to him relocating to Issan and having that time. I made a huge mistake.

I know it sounds to stupid, but don't miss the chances when they are there. Good people are something cherrish, make the effort see them.

Treat those yuo care about the best you can tell them and show them you care.

Lastly treat yourself the same way.

My Best to John and his family.

Nov 14, 2004
Ray great words, but hindsight is a reality bite, agree with you, say what has to be said now, ride what has to be rid now.

Scott.......thinking of T.J...... 8)

Mar 21, 2007
Johnno in slightly better nick after a day and a half in ICU. Saw him this morning and he knew I was there which is a vast improvement.
Prognosis is obviously not good and some difficult decisions to be made over next few days. Elle ,Noel and Tony doing a first rate job of monitoring the situation...its very hard on everyone...as you would understand...its pretty grim watching your mate slowly waste away....hopefully he wont have to carry on like this for too much longer...when there's no quality of life, its probably time. We all love Johnno very much....and he's getting the best care he can...he's just loosing the battle....
Its great to hear all the support from the forum and the number of calls I and the others have received...on that note...if you do want to call, give the others a break, they're there all day...call me 085 7947600

Joko

Dec 10, 2006
TJ has made (in my non-medic view) a remarkable turnaround...At noon yesterday (Sunday Nov 9)he was already 'settled' in a comfy private room (with all the necessary medical thingy).

John has even managed to open his eyes and I think he in his own way, acknowledged his friends around him. While he struggled with his breathing for awhile (gurgling and all), Elle and the nurses managed to adjust his sleeping position and you can see that his breathing managed to go into a steady rhythm...But not for long, as saliva etc tend to accumulate in the mouth (and maybe also the throat) whereby Elle has to yet again call in the nurse to readjust John's position as well as to have the nurse insert a tube and kind of 'vacuum' out the 'blockages'.

When John's breathing steadied up, I saw the tender moments he shown to Elle. I literally had tears in my eyes, when he tenderly reached out, touched and frailly stroked Elle's face...I left them to it and with a plane to catch at 5pm, bid my goodbye.

I told TJ, that I will be visiting him again soon. And soon is next week...I Know John is a fighter and I look forward to see him again.

joko

p/s John rode his Wave from Phuket to Chumpon only 5 months ago...time flies and things have changed so much...

Aug 27, 2007
Dear friends,
It is with great sadness that we write this email to let you know that John passed away at 0150 this morning 10th November. He was not in any pain when he left us. When Tony, Tina and I arrived, Elle had already dressed him in his GT-Riders t-shirt and his Aussie socks. I guess now he has gone to ride another highway.
We will be back in touch once we know what the next stage is here in Thailand.

Nov 14, 2004
Sorry to hear of TJ passing away, I didn't know him but he was a G.T Rider, all the best to his familly.

Scott :cry: