A Little Video Of The 1148

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
People are always commenting on the lack of pictures of the 1148 in Nan, (often rated as the best riders road in Northern Thailand) the reason being that everyone is having too much fun to stop and snap a few off. I was out a couple of weeks back with some other GT Riders and mounted my little digital camera on the bars of my Bonnie. Here's the resulting video - it's a bit of a lashup but as it is my first attempt, I think it came out OK.

Now all we need is for some of my co-riders to contribute a trip report and we'll be done! ;-)

Cheers,

Pikey.

Jun 1, 2008
Great clip Pikey. It really captures the ride for anyone watching, well done.

What camera do you use. I have a small video camera but it was the last of the video tape ones before digital really took over. It is a long and labourious process to transfer from tape to 'youtubable' format. I am not really up in this technology but one or two videos would be a cool record of the experience

Cheers

T

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Pikey, can't view it get the message: sorry this video is no longer available...............cheers, Franz

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Franz - Eastern Seaboard wrote: Pikey, can't view it get the message: sorry this video is no longer available...............cheers, Franz
Franz, should be there mate. I just called it up from my Firefox browser with no probs.

Tony/Ally - thanks for the compliments. The camera is just a point & shoot digital, an Olympus SW790 and I RAM mounted it on the bars. Great that you can be blatting along, see a nice section of road and switch it on whilst still riding. The disadvantage is that as it is fixed, you can't pan and therefore just get the road ahead view. Still, looks OK though and I have a couple more I'll post when I've mastered this editing lark.

Cheers,

Pikey.

ianyonok

Subscribed
Dec 9, 2008
Pikey,

Nice one.... great road, great weather, no traffic.... almost gives me a stiffy... did you get many flies in your teeth with that big grin on your face?

Dec 1, 2006
Pikey

This is a great video, thanks for sharing your ride with all of us who have ridden the 1148 and agree that it ranks among the top bike routes in the Kingdom! Your clip revives great memories - and makes me yearn for yet another trip to your neck of the woods!