A Ride Over To The East Coast To Pulau Duyong

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Nice one. Good to see you back on GTR riding & posting.
That first bit with the rear view was a damn interesting perspective.
The music was just right too - what a classic.

So how's the mighty RE Interceptor going now - how many kms have you got up since your epic North Thailand / Laos ride?

Reactions: Eoin Christie

Eoin Christie

Ol'Timer
Jul 16, 2019
Hi, David. Thanks - It was good to finally get out for another ride (the rest of the trip was a bit more interesting than that piece, so more video’s to follow).
The Interceptor still only has 12,000km on the clock, as it’s only done commutes this year. I’ll probably take some time off later this year and do some more Malaysia excursions, Borders being what they are.

Eoin Christie

Ol'Timer
Jul 16, 2019
The next stage. A couple of lessons learned:
1) After years of tying down loads on trucks, helicopters, and boats, and crossing deserts, jungles, mountains, and seas, it may be worth paying a bit more attention strapping down the load on the back of a motorbike.
2) When one cuts one’s own hair, one should possibly consider using a couple of mirrors to check if one has left a rat-tail at the back.
Pulau Duyong...

Eoin Christie

Ol'Timer
Jul 16, 2019
Something that made me very happy on Friday:

In the morning, I sent the above video on Pulau Duyong to some colleagues at work. In the afternoon, our Malaysian CFO came to see me to let me know that, having watched that little video, she and her husband and children have booked a trip to Terengganu next week. It’s not that she’s got a great interest in motorbikes, boatbuilders,or the destruction of tripods, but that it reminded her that there’s a part of her Country that her family haven’t seen, and that it’s available to them.

I was very pleased that, in some little way, something I enjoyed may have encouraged someone else to go out and enjoy the wonders of discovery, and to include her family in that experience. Domestic tourism has additional benefits for citizens.

Eoin Christie

Ol'Timer
Jul 16, 2019
Another small offering. I’m hoping to head up North next weekend, if Movement Control Order restrictions don’t extend...

Reactions: Oddvar