Arsendectomy day tommorow!!!!!!

Oct 17, 2006
Yep i have decided to get the chainsaw out and slash the backside off the Ducati monster S4 in Thailand .......why?Huh? well it may look better without the huge rear fender cluster ,but i am fed up with the rubber Ducati indicators that rot and fall apart in the sun so decided to do the whole hog, made up a taillight bracket and number plate support today ,will buy some indicators tommorow and do the deed.

I have to search out some bungs for the cut off frame tubes as well

may have some photos as well

hs0zfe

Aug 31, 2009
Monsterman - this will have a negative impact on resale value, mark my words! :|

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi Jerry,

Do you mean you'l cut and shorten the tail ? it's a classic on Monsters in France but apart to get ride of the huggly rear ruber fender, I do not see the advantage of it ?

Please post some pics after work, it might be nice with your 2 exhaust mufflers up !

You can also fut the turn light indicators inside the frame tube, I saw it, as well as some white/coloured led rear lights.

Tubber

Oct 20, 2006
Are you going for that "Shunted up the arse by a bus " look that the Europeans seem to like?
yamxjr01-rheinb2002.jpg

Sorry not a Ducati.

Oct 17, 2006
hs0zfe wrote: Monsterman - this will have a negative impact on resale value, mark my words! :|
There is no resale value anyway in Thailand for this bike its too modified anyway and the dealer wold not PX it even if standard, and also 80 % of the monsters here get this treatment and also in USA and UK.

i will probably never sell it now. its too personal

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi Jerry,

right decision not to sell it, too personal and I think as you should perfectly maintain it in good shape, this Monster could last for ever.

Better to keep, as mine, however I would be very much interested by having your advises on how to store for long period (6 month to one year and more) such bike without using it.

Do you have any idea of what to do in order to keep it in mint condition while storing (spray with oil, deflat tyres ????..., empty tank ???)

Thanks in advance.

I even wonder if a dedicated post would be usefull as it could be the case of several friends whoc ome to LOS from time to time and who store their bikes.

Oct 17, 2006
My bikes sometimes stand for up to 6 months I remove battery , I inflate tyres to max running pressure so by the time i get back they will lose about 40% pressure but the tyres are still OK ,I leave non gasohol fuel in the tanks ,and usually fresh oil in the engine.The bikes are indoors out of the weather and covered.That 3 Ducatis and my wifes Honda that get this treatment.