Bagster Luggage System For Versys

Nov 9, 2010
Hi All,
I recently received my Bagster luggage system for my Versys and since it was sunny this morning I got it fitted. I thought it might be worth sharing some details with you.

The system comprises a Tank Harness (Model No. 1539U) which is permanently attached attached to the bike and completely protects the tank (no more stick on 'pads' required). There are a wide variety of bag options available and these clip onto the harness (no issues with magnetic attachment).

I chose the Rider bag, which expands from 21-32 litres capacity, has a map pocket on the top, side pockets for small items and is supplied with a full rain cover (all bags have this). It's a very well thought out, highly durable bit of kit and is constructed from heavy duty vinyl/nylon/neoprene. The bag also has straps attached which allow you to wear it as a rucksack when off the bike.

I had similar kit on my VFR750 for over 5 years back in the UK and it still looked and functioned like new when I sold the bike. I'd highly recommend this kit. Total cost for harness, bag, shipping & local tax (750 THB!) was approx 10,000 THB. It might sound pricey but IMO you get what you pay for. Anyone interested might also get a better price (or at least cheaper shipping) from a local distributor - I had mine shipped from a company in the UK.

Here are the pics:

RHS view of harness;
CIMG5672.jpg

LHS close up of harness, showing fit round bodywork & seat and rear clips;
CIMG5674.jpg

Top of harness showing access to fuel filler cap and front clips;
CIMG5675.jpg

Rear view of bag fitted to harness;
CIMG5682.jpg

Front view of bag fitted to harness;
CIMG5685.jpg

I think it works really well with the bike and I'm all for having the tank completely protected.

Cheers

P

Jurgen

Subscribed
Oct 23, 2009
www.chopard.org
Thank you for the hint. Looks great on your bike and they seem to have a lot of choices. I wonder if someone knows a shop willing to source it in Chiangmai!

Nov 9, 2010
HI @jurgen. Thanks for your very positive comments. Much appreciated!

There is a Bagster Thai Distributor and I did try and contact them. It took a week to get a reply to my eMail and then the language barrier just got in the way a bit. By then, I had already ordered from the UK anyway. So, I never did manage to find out costs etc. if purchased direct in LOS.

If you are a Thai speaker (or have someone to call on your behalf) it might be worth calling Khun Narong on +66 (0)2 472 1928. He should be able to advise you whether local stockists exist for Chiang Mai.

If you do follow this up and get some details please post your findings. I'd be very interested to hear what the local prices are!

Just so nobody is in any doubt, I have no connection with Bagster at all. I'm simply a very satisfied past and present customer.

Best Regards

P

Jurgen

Subscribed
Oct 23, 2009
www.chopard.org
Thank you Pedro, I am in Laos now and will ask information next week. Language should not be a problem with the dealer. I already have a Givi box and something to fix on the passenger's seat, but I like the tank protection and would like a small front bag for maps and camera lenses.

I will post here if I have news

Jurgen