Big thanks for GT-Rider admin and members

Oct 23, 2007
Just wanted to express my thanks to GT-Rider admin and members on this web forum. The broad range of information available and the input from members was invaluable when I was planning our ride along the Mae Hong Son Loop.

We started on the 22nd of December from Chiang Mai, rented a Honda CB400 from Mr Mechanic which ran like a dream!! Rode to Pia for lunch, then pushed on to Mae Hong Son for the night and enjoyed the markets, the food and the interaction with the local people!

Next day we rode to Mae Sariang and along the way explored villages and stopped to take in the views and stretch the legs.

The last day we made the journey back to Chiang Mai and took in some more villages and sights on the outskirts of the city.

The roads were well sealed, corners (oh so many of them) made it lots of fun. There were some road works in about 2-3 spots, but these were well sign posted to avoid any last minute panic. The scenery was simply breathtaking and we were blessed with blue skies and warm weather the whole time.

My wife is not as keen on motorbikes as I am, but mentioned she absolutely loved the 3 day trip and for her it was in her top 3 highlights for our holiday in Thailand and Laos.

Again thanks

Adam and Katherine Baird (Vietnam)