Bike hire for BIRA circuit,Pattaya?

Aug 29, 2008
I'd like to ride BIRA race circuit, I can rent a bike there but 7000baht seems a lot for a day,though it includes all equipment like leathers,helmet

Are there any alternatives?

Aug 29, 2008
thanks for replying
I met a guy last night who was renting a blade for 700bt/day
and to ride the circuit in the mornings cost 1000bt/day

I wondered how i could get more days for the same money

Aug 29, 2008
actually, I was misinformed,it won't be all day, just about 2.5hrs

I know tat's a long time for continuous riding, but normally I have a break every hour or 2

deckx

Feb 21, 2008
riding on a track you'll be knackered after a 20 min session, check out highsidetours.com and get in contact with Graham but 7000 baht for track, bike and kit is pretty reasonable.

If i'm around i usually show up with my own bike and pay 2000 baht per half day.

warning -- its highly addictive :lol:

I don't think the rental guys on beach road will be pretty keen if you tell them you are taking the bike to bira especially if you drop it...

E3L0

Sep 17, 2006
I have met people at Bira who have clearly rented a bike from the beach and were now using it on the track. The trouble is that the rental people don't really make their money from the rental fee; they do it by fleecing people who damage their bikes. That doesn't really make for a relaxing and enjoyable day at the track.

However, if you are planning to do one of the imobile track days at Bira, you may find that Graham will not rent you a bike for those events. Too many were getting dumped.

When were you planning to go? I will be missing the next track day due to (bastard, bastard, bastard) work. I've bought a fireblade, too, and I'm itching to get it to Bira. No, you can't borrow it :)

deckx

Feb 21, 2008
E3L0 wrote: I've bought a fireblade, too, and I'm itching to get it to Bira. No, you can't borrow it :)
Hi Dave, Any pics of the firblade ?? The HST track days are on the 3 days prior to the open track day on the Sunday if you can show up .
i'll be around for all days :D

E3L0

Sep 17, 2006
deckx wrote: Hi Dave, Any pics of the firblade ??
Howdy Dec,

Full gripping story is here: https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorc ... t4290.html

DSCN0452.jpg

deckx

Feb 21, 2008
very nice !!!! see you got the HRC stickers as well !! Think i need to up-grade to ZX 10 8)

now you need to get yourself on ebay and start buying some bolt-ons. i'm finally finished buying stuff for my bike ..although was thinking of getting a power commander !!

E3L0

Sep 17, 2006
I am planning to buy two power commanders (I still have the Suzuki) when I go to Singapore in a couple of weeks. Let me know if you want me to get you one.

Not just stickers; the whole paint job is non-standard. Already has Yoshi can, bungs and funny indicators so it's just a power commander for me. And a tail pack. And a dyno run.

You have a PM Dec.

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
Dave,

Do you want to remap the ignition as well or just richen the bike up a bit?

Are you living near Red Baron now?. :lol:

E3L0

Sep 17, 2006
mikerust wrote: Dave,

Do you want to remap the ignition as well or just richen the bike up a bit?

Are you living near Red Baron now?. :lol:
You'd think so from all the bikes but no, still living at On Nut.

No plans to change ignition but would like to remap fuelling to suit can. Where can I get it dynod; is there an alternative to Porsche? If I go to Porsche, will they let me get involved and watch it being done?