BIKE REGISTRATION HELP REQUIRED.

Muzz

Mar 27, 2007
Dear all, I have four motorcycles that I purchased over three years ago from both SIAM SUPERBIKES and MOTOZONE in Bangkok. Two Ducati 996's and two Buell Cyclones. Thesee bikes were paid for in full, I have the receipts from both shops ( both out of business now thank fck ), but although the bikes have plates, after promises from both Peter Reid and Jem, I never received the books.

My question us, is it possible fro me to re-register these bikes in CM WITHOUT the import or customs forms, or do I just keep the Ducati's in the house and turn the Buells into 1200cc dirt bikes???????

Thanks

Muzz

Dec 27, 2007
Ouch!
Without import and customs forms... Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Muzz

Mar 27, 2007
Hi Tony, the Ducati's will both make fine peices of indoor furniture, the Buell's I guess will just become experiments of a madman!!!

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Muzz, I think what I'd do is test the water by taking the plate from the least valuable bike to the Land Transport Office in Nong Hoi and explain the situation. I assume that they'd run the plate through the computer and voila, you get your status of the bike (or you get to wear a pair of steel bracelets and are hauled off to the monkey house!).

Here all you are likely to get is speculation rather than first hand info so I'd take a visit to the LTO or maybe to a reputable dealer here in town.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Muzz

Mar 27, 2007
pikey wrote: Muzz, I think what I'd do is test the water by taking the plate from the least valuable bike to the Land Transport Office in Nong Hoi and explain the situation. I assume that they'd run the plate through the computer and voila, you get your status of the bike (or you get to wear a pair of steel bracelets and are hauled off to the monkey house!).

Here all you are likely to get is speculation rather than first hand info so I'd take a visit to the LTO or maybe to a reputable dealer here in town.

Cheers,

Pikey.
Pikey, thanks for the advice. I will try that!

Muzz

gobs

Feb 8, 2007
I "full" agree with Pikey,

If I were you (but I'm not hey! :wink: ), I'd have a go to the Registration Transport Office with all the papers you have and explain the situation.
You got plates and copy of the books...
There, they are not "police (wo)men", but just officers depending of the ministry. And if they are kind, maybe they make a search: perhaps the computers may "remind you" :roll:

Good luck Muzz,
Gobs

Dec 27, 2007
Another option would be to ask the official HD and Ducati dealers for assistance. Perhaps they have the connections required to legalize your bikes.
Good Luck and Happy Trails!

Oct 17, 2006
The whole deal Muzz depends on the import status , if import duty was paid on the bikes then it may be possible to legalise them, without the import invoices from customs it is usually impossible to register a bike and get a legal green book.

What plates have you got were they shop plates or actual book plates or illegal plates .If they are book plates you may be able to complete the whole deal but againits depends on

1 import invoice from customs

2 inspection at land transport ..was it done properly 20,000 baht usually

3 if above 2 items done then registration taxes have to be paid and only then will plates and book be completed legally.Up to 60,000 for a Ducati.