Bike Rent?

Lasse

Feb 26, 2003
Me and my girlfriend are going to Chiang Mai around 5th march -03. We would like to know what is the best place to rent a bigger motorbike or what motorbike you recomend for going around northen Thailand. We are planing for going around about 3-5 days. I have read about some trips we can do. Any suggestions are welcome.

BobS

Jan 20, 2003
Hi Lasse

On road or off? 2-up or 2 bikes? What do you ride now?
Dave Unkovich's GT website lists bike shops in Chiang Mai.

For 2-up, on road - Lek's Big Bikes has a couple of Yamaha TDM 850's for rent. That is the same bike I ride there.

I have been told that one is in decent shape, and the other has some electrical problems as of last December.

I have seen a number of Honda 400s around for rent.

For trips, it depends on your days there. 3 days, do the Mae Hong Son loop. 5 days - do Mai Sai, Nan, etc.

BobS

Feb 20, 2003
Lasse,

Email me- I sense that I will be wishing for some fellow some female company while biking during the week I will be spending in N Thailand starting Mar 5-ish.

Pam

Cheers

BobS

Jan 20, 2003
Hi Pam

I thought you were getting your estrogen overdose before you left home.

BobS

Feb 20, 2003
Oh Bob,

The estrogen-laden bull riding fun only goes so far to combat so much of the testosterone bull**** I am sure to encounter. I'm sure I'll need a top up. Heck, I already do... See you soon- I arrive in CM tomorrow morning bright and early.

Cheers,
Pam