Buying a Tiger Retro with Sidecar

Nov 7, 2007
No used ones available...actually extremely rarely found any second hand ones....i recall a few month ago one was for sale . Price is on the link i sent to you you simply need to look at the dropdown box. The 2011 Retro 110C with sidecar is 51500 THB.

mbox

May 7, 2011
mbox999;267857 wrote: No used ones available...actually extremely rarely found any second hand ones....i recall a few month ago one was for sale . Price is on the link i sent to you you simply need to look at the dropdown box. The 2011 Retro 110C with sidecar is 51500 THB.

mbox
hi again thanks for your time the price is ok but something is wrong here
i spoke to a police man here who said that making a putting a side car on any given bike is not illegal in Thailand when i told him that the company said you must buy together he told me the company is doing that because of course they want to sell the bike also
he said this not me i already have a bike why should i me press ganged into buying another bike and then having to sell mine just because of a law that does not exist and the officer i spoke to is high up and knows his job well
i love the side car of retro but not really keen on the tiger
why am i being made to buy something i do not want there are aprox 3 million side cars in Thailand heavy looking ugaly things that they use for business and pleasure if they are illegal then please tell me whats going on ??
i would like to ask you if you know any one who can make me a side care pure and simple all i do not want to do is invest in another bike and have to sell my one and for what ? for why? thanks if you can help me in my search for a simple thing made complicated

Nov 7, 2007
Hi, the 3 wheeled Bikes you see all around , most of them are illegal. Illegal by law but tolerated by Police...specially when they are used for commercial use they close an eye.
As you can see The Police Officer told you the wrong info and if you simply want the sideacar alone from the Tiger Retro that is available for 19900 thb...but again you will be riding it illegally. If you want to negotiate legaility of this that is really your problem because i am telling you now and before that it is illegal to add a sidecar to an already registered as 2 wheeled bike.

One thing.... i replied to you in all honesty....no fairytales being told. But you may go ahead with your Police officers advise and contact him again when the shit hits the fan and you being checked for legality right in BKK . You will know by then that a 3rd wheel can not be legally added on an already existing 2wheeled Bike . The only way to ride a 3 wheeled bike legal is when a manufacturer first get it approved by DLT and it can only be as a whole rig . Thats what Tiger Motors did

If you do not wish to believe that...than it's your problem . I or Tiger Motors are not promising you something for legal what is in fact illegal.

The Tiger Retro 110C with sidecar is legal to register ...the sidecar alone to mount on your bike can not be registered as 3 wheeler and thus illegal.

hope this is clear enough.
I sent you phone nr to Khun Pariya from Tiger Motors ...he will tell you the same.

mbox

Sep 12, 2012
High Folks
I am considering buying one of these rigs. I would appreciate any information on any bad habits this machine might have and the fixes. I have heard that there are some braking Issues.
Regards
Moe:think:

Nov 7, 2007
retro with sidecar , generally the weak points were brakes, also i recall tony's retro had at beginning a headshake which was sorted. weak points on the retro without sidecar were the shocks if you a bit on the heavy side... You may consider looking into a Tiger Future with sidecar as to me the Tiger Future had a more solid built look Link removed the retro ak110 i havent tried it and not sure if they can actually put a sidecar on it but i like the bigger seat on it Link removed

For what use are you planning to have the rig?

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi Friends, Hi MBox,

A direct question, do you know if Tiger or an other brand but preferably Tiger would commercialize an automatic version of the Tiger Retro with sidecar.

I am looking for an automatic and not a gearbox any more.

This doesn't decrease the great satisfaction we have with the Tiger Retro with sidecar since years, a very good value for money and on top a very funny machine with a guaranteed apeal.

have fun

Nov 7, 2007
Azoulay;284416 wrote: Hi Friends, Hi MBox,

A direct question, do you know if Tiger or an other brand but preferably Tiger would commercialize an automatic version of the Tiger Retro with sidecar.

I am looking for an automatic and not a gearbox any more.

This doesn't decrease the great satisfaction we have with the Tiger Retro with sidecar since years, a very good value for money and on top a very funny machine with a guaranteed apeal.

have fun
Hi Laurent , I think there are no plans...but i will check back and will post the answer here,
mbox

Nov 7, 2007
Hi Laurent , just wanted to confirm they haven't planned a auto-version with sidecar. Wondering myself if this would be a bit too much as it needs of good brakes since the engine-brake is not really much on auto bikes ..

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi Friends, hi Mbox,

Just went to Tiger head Office yesterday and discuss about the possibility of an automatic version; they don't have and do not intend to propose one. The guys there found all good reasons not to do it...

However I placed the question of installing a side care on a bike of my choice (eg a Yamaha Fino or others) they can do it but it won't be street legal as they won't be able to make it approved by the Department of Transport as the Tiger Retro with Side Car is.

For me, I do not consider to drive a non street legal bike which could become a source of problems. So for the automatic version, unfortunatelly the issue is closed for a moment.

On an other hand, I saw all their new colours, allways nice, they know how to do it trendy ! Good people reasonable prices...LOS !

Nov 7, 2007
Yep, same what Khun Pariya told me and if you have read this thread the mounting of a sidecar to another bike will make it not road legal has already been discussed.

One thing that caught my eye though is this one which i been told is 65,235 thb :

Attached files
284645=13561-pocky_sidecar1.jpg

Lynda Tan

Jun 5, 2018
Hi MBox
I am interested to buy a tiger sidecar please advice me on which outlet to go near to Phathumthani. I clicked onto the above link in your chat but only lead me to the website that has no instructions on how to buy. Maybe i need more detailed instructions.
Thank you
Lynda