Chiang Mai to Bangkok

Matze

Oct 11, 2022
Hi, I'm looking for a good route for the motorbike from CM to BKK without having to use a lot of highways. Maybe someone has already saved a finished route on GoogleMaps or another app and will provide me with the link. Many Thanks

Lockieoz

Oct 12, 2022
Hi there Matze, I am new here as well and looking for the same thing. It would be great if someone out there has some suggestions...

Reactions: Matze

Lockieoz

Oct 12, 2022
Yeah, that’s what I’m told, road 105 from Mae Sot to into Mae Hong Song loop is the way. I’m actually doing 3 months. The north first then along the Laos border to Udon Thani then south to Siem Reap. I’m hiring a bike in Bangkok and they tell me I can take it into Cambodia. My research is a bit conflicting on what paperwork I need. Looks like the Green Book and a letter from the owner giving permission to take bike into Cambodia? can anyone let me know what is needed? Thx.

Matze

Oct 11, 2022
Yeah, that’s what I’m told, road 105 from Mae Sot to into Mae Hong Song loop is the way. I’m actually doing 3 months. The north first then along the Laos border to Udon Thani then south to Siem Reap. I’m hiring a bike in Bangkok and they tell me I can take it into Cambodia. My research is a bit conflicting on what paperwork I need. Looks like the Green Book and a letter from the owner giving permission to take bike into Cambodia? can anyone let me know what is needed? Thx.

Reactions: Lockieoz

canthai

Subscribed
Apr 8, 2015
I have ridden the following route - CNX - Mae Sariang 108
Mae Sariang south via 105
Can follow the 1090 more south thru the mountains but dead heads at the border
Left turn onto Hwy 12 to just before Tak then 1108 1109 1116 1139 etc etc etc
You will pass by Sinikharin reservoir and Erawan Nat'l Park on 3199. Very nice
This will take you to Kanchanaburi. BKK about 3 hours