Covid Easing

Eoin Christie

Ol'Timer
Jul 16, 2019
Down here, the Movement Control Order has eased a little, and I’m back to riding to the office (2-week split team roster, and fortnightly COVID testing). I picked up a 360 camera a while back, but haven’t had a chance to use it until now, so here’s one of the first attempts, with it just mounted on the crossbar of the handlebars (not the best position), so be kind...

Heineken

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 2, 2019
Here in Chiang Rai there seems to be no official word as to where we can go ?.........................I can tell by the traffic that the roads are alot busier than 2 x weeks ago.................and the price of fuel seems to be on the increase............looking forward to a few beers in a bar in Chiang Rai again when possible.

Eoin Christie

Ol'Timer
Jul 16, 2019
Things are definitely ‘picking up’ again here in KL. Not yet bustling (partly because a lot of people ‘balik kampong’, and there are still restrictions on inter-Province travel.
My agenda-driven personal hope is for a Malaysia / Thailand ‘bubble’ to come into effect, allowing crossing the land borders.

Reactions: Moto-Rex
Sep 13, 2010
Apart from bars, everything seems quite normal here in Udon. Face masks are still widely worn (only a few ignorant people aren't wearing them), fake phone numbers numbers are being left at store entrances (to avoid being spammed). It seems no one bothered learning how to drive during the lockdown, unfortunately...

Reactions: Eoin Christie

DKT Dave

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Sep 25, 2019
Apart from bars, everything seems quite normal here in Udon. Face masks are still widely worn (only a few ignorant people aren't wearing them), fake phone numbers numbers are being left at store entrances (to avoid being spammed). It seems no one bothered learning how to drive during the lockdown, unfortunately...

Likewise in the Phayao area. Still a lot of businesses to reopen though (if they are able to). Recently I have been to Nan Province with a temp check and questioning (I was let through with a big smile and photo when I told them I was tired of being cooped up with the wife and needed some time by myself), Chiang Rai a week or so ago up highway 1, with the temp check and questioning, and I went into Chiang Rai province without being stopped today on the 1021 through Thoeng. Things are improving.

Heineken

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 2, 2019
I was in Chiang Rai city a few days ago and was surprised to see all the massage shops open again, apparently from the 1st of June............Bars are still closed :weary_face:...................most hotels appear to be open again...................at Central Plaza you get the temp check, and must do the barcode or leave a telephone number, and yes you have to have a mask..........................most of rural Chiang Rai dont worry too much with masks ;)

DKT Dave

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Sep 25, 2019
I did the 1148 today and the checkpoint at the Phayao/Nan border didn’t do the temp check, just a quick questioning on where have you been and going. The checkpoint on the NaN/Phayao border on the return down the 1091....nothing.

May 5, 2012
Things are getting worse here in Azerbaijan where I've been currently stuck for 4 months now working and unable to get back to Thailand, numbers here were originally very low and mandatory lock downs / isolation's were lifted a few weeks ago but with some restrictions / self distancing etc. but numbers of infection rates have now sky rocketed to between 400-500 a day so lock downs have now been re-instated are are being strictly enforced,

This along with the latest info/requirements for non Thai spouses / family being allowed back into Thailand, (Certificate of Entry required from embassy and approved by Thai Health Ministry, Mandatory 15 days quarantine at government approved hotel at our expense ranging from 35'000b to 100'000+b, covid insurance with minimum 100K US dollars cover, Fit to fly certificate, Negative Covid test no more than 72 hours before flight) along with the fact that flights themselves are hard to get I really have no idea when i'll be able to get back into the country to see my family...

My hope initially was that because Azerbaijan was a low risk country then it would have made things slightly easier to get back to Thailand directly from here but now with the increase in cases it will be classed as high risk, at the moment the only flights in/out of Azerbaijan are back to UK which are being organised by the oil companies to do crew changes with UK personnel, being a UK national i can get on one of these flights if I wish but see no point really as it won't help my case for getting back to Thailand travelling from one high risk country to another so will just have to wait it out here until things improve (whenever that may be).

Reactions: Eoin Christie

Eoin Christie

Ol'Timer
Jul 16, 2019
Things are getting worse here in Azerbaijan where I've been currently stuck for 4 months now working and unable to get back to Thailand, numbers here were originally very low and mandatory lock downs / isolation's were lifted a few weeks ago but with some restrictions / self distancing etc. but numbers of infection rates have now sky rocketed to between 400-500 a day so lock downs have now been re-instated are are being strictly enforced,

This along with the latest info/requirements for non Thai spouses / family being allowed back into Thailand, (Certificate of Entry required from embassy and approved by Thai Health Ministry, Mandatory 15 days quarantine at government approved hotel at our expense ranging from 35'000b to 100'000+b, covid insurance with minimum 100K US dollars cover, Fit to fly certificate, Negative Covid test no more than 72 hours before flight) along with the fact that flights themselves are hard to get I really have no idea when i'll be able to get back into the country to see my family...

My hope initially was that because Azerbaijan was a low risk country then it would have made things slightly easier to get back to Thailand directly from here but now with the increase in cases it will be classed as high risk, at the moment the only flights in/out of Azerbaijan are back to UK which are being organised by the oil companies to do crew changes with UK personnel, being a UK national i can get on one of these flights if I wish but see no point really as it won't help my case for getting back to Thailand travelling from one high risk country to another so will just have to wait it out here until things improve (whenever that may be).
Are you in Baku?

Eoin Christie

Ol'Timer
Jul 16, 2019
Not much consolation for being stuck there, but it is a city I like.
I can understand why you’d be reluctant to go through 2 sets of isolation on the way back to LOS. What happens if you transit UK without entering? Hope you get back soon.

I was planning on seeing my wife and one daughter back in February, but that didn’t work out. Last time we were together was November, so we’ve kind of overdone the isolation thing...

May 5, 2012
Yeah
Not much consolation for being stuck there, but it is a city I like.
I can understand why you’d be reluctant to go through 2 sets of isolation on the way back to LOS. What happens if you transit UK without entering? Hope you get back soon.

I was planning on seeing my wife and one daughter back in February, but that didn’t work out. Last time we were together was November, so we’ve kind of overdone the isolation thing...

City itself is Ok but been working here for 5 years now so its lost its appeal, cant just transit through as only flight back to UK is charter flight by CPY so would need to go through passport control, collect bags then check-in for any onward flight as CPY only responsible for getting us back to UK, rest is on us so better to just sit it out here for time being,

I left Thailand in February just as the whole covid thing was starting to take hold, never seen BKK airport so quiet, literally took me 5 minutes to get through security and immigration, there was just no-one there, that should have been a warning really to turn round and go back home as had I known things would get so bad i would have stayed at home, hindsight's great though...