David, do we need a section for Phuket yet??

Jun 21, 2006
Hi David

Just wondered if we need a section for Southern Thailand (Phuket/Samui/Krabi etc.) yet.

There seems to be a few more enquires on bike hire for down here, if you think its worth while, I don't mind taking foto's of bike shops etc, similar to what you have done up there.

If you think its a good idea, can have "sticky posts" for bike hire and guys/gals recomendations for friendly guesthouses.

I can even take a ride to Krabi/Ao Nang to see what's available there, and do a report next time I am on Koh Samui

Jun 21, 2006
Quote:
TJ My guess is probably not, but let's suck it & see.

Okay David
I will do the "Sucking" and you can do the "Seeing"

Currently in Bangkok, hope to check out the 3 sois of bike dismantlers today, (the ones I sent Silverhawk to)

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
quote:

Currently in Bangkok, hope to check out the 3 sois of bike dismantlers today, (the ones I sent Silverhawk to)

Getting crowded there. BobS and BarryBBQ have also made, or will make, a trip to the same area. Take your time if you find something. I went and had a whole bowl of noodles, thinking it over, before walking back and making a deal. See signature...

Jun 21, 2006
Silverhawk, not much of interest, a BMW 650 1998 180,000 baht, no plate (obviously), all original the guy says... but just bare frame as engine not been put in yet.

saw a nice Ducati 900SP, black looked good, and would you believe was even talking to the guy you bought your DR from, a nice XR400 and some big Yamaha motor cross type bike

no need to do Soi 58, only has helmet factory there