Decent toolkit

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Buy & Sell - S.E. Asia' started by largo, Oct 12, 2009.

1. largo

largo Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all.
    Is there anywhere around Chiang Mai that I could buy some fairly decentish tools or should I bring my own?. I am not after Snapon quality but something useable. Thanks in advance

2. tonykiwi

tonykiwi Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    To what extent are you going to use them. The hire bikes I rented had enough of a toolkit. Additional of tyre repair stuff may be handy but it is all additional stuff to carry

3. Franz

Franz Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Largo, when you come from the moat and turn into Assadatorn Road, there's a toolshop on the left which I used recently and they have got most of the goodies in decent quality. It's before the Royal Panerai and Peninsula Hotels. Just a 50 meters from the junction: "Nanamachineparts" has got signs of Bosch & Makita on the outside, 053-219422, 053-418349. Cheers, Franz

4. SilverhawkUSA

SilverhawkUSA Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Plenty of shops available that sell hand tools of varying quality. Most villages sell basics if you are in need of a quick repair or want to make a small emergency kit.

5. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +834 / 0 / -0
    Yes sir that's Nana screws
    128315369-S.
    3/1 90 Assadathon Road. Tel: 053219422.
    (Same street as Piston Shop)

The best range of hand tools, nuts & bolts etc in Chiang Mai. Definitely worth a visit!

Look here for more handy bike shops
    https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorc ... -t633.html

6. largo

largo Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Brilliant! Thanks for all the replys guys, I actually need some tools to get my gf`s bike back on the road as it is stuck up in the mountains in her village near MHS.
    Will definitely call in the shop mentioned.

7. Kev_O

Kev_O Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For reference, this outfit may be of interest to anyone looking for a toolkit that does not have the time to source out all the individual tools and pieces that they may need when out travelling on the road. I bought one of their offroad packs which is pretty good, I added a couple of extra items but now I've got pretty much everything for a roadside repair. They delivered to Thailand without any problems.

http://www.blueridgeracing.com/motoStore.htm