Ducati monster 916 to cambodia ?

Oct 17, 2006
Am i mad to even think this is a good idea, it needs reasonable roads concrete or Tarmac . I am thinking of going pattaya, Trat ,koh kong, sianoukville , Pnompehn .

Bike is registered has thai book etc will it get into Cambodia!

am I nuts

jerry

bill

Mar 29, 2004
quote:

Am i mad to even think this is a good idea, it needs reasonable roads concrete or Tarmac . I am thinking of going pattaya, Trat ,koh kong, sianoukville , Pnompehn .

Shouldnt be a problem
Koh Kong border to Sre Ambel (~150km) has five river crossings .
First two are new bridges, last 3 are still local style ferry.(bridges not open/finished yet)
Its tarmac all the way except ~100-200metre dirt approaches to the ferry crossings.
The second to last ferry crossing was very muddy on the approaches around 1 month ago but should be Ok after a few weeks of dry weather.

DSCF0201.jpg

Local ferry koh kong to Sre ambel river crossings

DSC00031.jpg

Road thru Cardamoms

Road from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh (route 4)is good quality tarmac with bad quality drivers. Expect to get run off the road regularly by oncoming traffic pulling out to pass.

quote:

Bike is registered has thai book etc will it get into Cambodia!

I believe so but will let others like Hiko answer that question.

Police in Sihanoukville(where I live) sometimes ask foriegners for Cambodian driving licence but I doubt they would press the point for a Thai registered bike passing through.

bill

Mar 29, 2004
quote:

What about crossing the border customs etc.?

I have a Cambo registered bike and its no problem for me entering Thai from Cambo

I recall somewhere on GT-rider that Hiko has gone Thailand to Cambo via KK several times on a Thai registered bike so perhpas PM him ?