DUCATI MONSTER S4 916cc for sale

Oct 17, 2006
Yes I am selling the Monster.
223215377-M.jpg

2001 S4 model with water cooled fuel injected 916 engine.
Red Colour

223215439-M.jpg

12,000km with full registration and Green Book.

223215483-M.jpg

It has many after market Xtras
Yoshimura Aluminium Yokes
Yoshimura risers
Yoshimura Aluminium flat bars,
Power Bronze Belly pan ,
Megacycle rockers ,
DT Billet axle clamps .
DP carbon Radiator cowls.
DP performance CF clutch cover.
EBC HH pads .
Xenon Headlight.
polished cored cans.
New belts only 2000km ago.
full service only 2000km ago.
New rear Metzler MEZ6 rear Tyre.
New RK X ring Chain and Sprockets.
K&N air filter and modified airbox.

Price 550,000 baht .

I also have some other spares and after market parts , Termi CF cans ,Powercommander ,Shim Kits ,diagnostic system and special tools and manuals which i may consider selling as well.

Contact me by Email or 0866141903.

Jerry

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi Jerry,

In French, this will be called a Lacheur or a trahison ! With whom will I share my Ducati passion ?

To which new bike will you turn to ?

I will arive on the 2àth of December, if you are around, give a call or simply come home.

Oct 17, 2006
If I cal sell it maybe a 900 Monster with Carbs or a GT1000, or a Triumph.

IF i CAN SELL IT ?

i iAM OFFSHORE UNTIL 11TH JANUARY

jERRY

Oct 17, 2006
If i bought a new Ducati it would be from Ducatisti Thonglor , but they wouldnt have any 900 monsters as too old for them, they would not take even my S4 for PX . they bare only interested in selling new bikes .

i may not sell it now as i doubt any new Ducati or triumph would be as much fun.

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Sounds like you haven't ridden the "Street Triple" or "Speed Triple" then?
Fabrice was even Impressed and said it Handled Better than His SR4 Monster and what can you say about the Power?

Oct 17, 2006
Ian I have ridden both the Street Triple and have owned a Speed triple in UK , they are fantastic and i would own one but would have to sell the DUKE and to be honest it is not so easy to deal and wheel such machines here , only way to sell is privately , and anyhow i have it running so well now with the new EFI downloads and all the extra stuff i have fitted plus I have the tools to service it that I am having 2nd thoughts about parting with it .

Jul 17, 2007
monsterman wrote: i have it running so well now with the new EFI downloads and all the extra stuff i have fitted plus I have the tools to service it that I am having 2nd thoughts about parting with it .
Sounds like a great machine. Why did you want to sell it in the first place? :?:

Oct 17, 2006
Rustic its a long story but basicly i was not happy with the 4 valve motor and fuel injection and had spent a year trying new fueling maps, I poured money and time into perfecting this bike and it got to me.
and the worry over Gasohol use and some personal issues of wether i want to remain in thailand after 12 years here.

Well i have solved the fuel map problem and the bike runs as well now as my 750 Monster in UK also the gasohol issue is less of a problem now we know the bike can use it with a small power loss ......and as for my personal issues with thailand well they still remain.... sometimes i get so pissed off here I want to live somewhere else...... but where?

Where do you live and what are u riding?

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Jerry, I think with the personal issues most of us feel & experience the same from time to time, but running away will solve nothing as at a new destination you'll pay dearly for new experiences what you already did here. I am sometimes upset, what I do, get myself on the bike or in a domestic plane, shut down the mobile, don't use the internet and try to empty my brain; it works well. I think it's time we meet, this Saturday and Sunday I'm home and maybe will go to do some crucial shopping in Pattaya with the Beemer, care for lunch or dinner ???? Stickers I'll take with me......Maybe I can help you in one or the other way.........

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
One more thing, next weekend Friday 25th at approximately 16:30 I'll leave the factory (Eastern Seaboard Industrial Estate) via the backdoor with the Beemer + 1 passenger in direction of Chantaburi - Chaolao Beach, will book a bungalow there until Sun 27th, care to join us ?? Could make a booking for you too, I'm just waiting for corporate rates at Tosang Beach Hotel or if full, at Faasai Resort.........

Jul 17, 2007
monsterman wrote: sometimes i get so pissed off here I want to live somewhere else...... but where?

Where do you live and what are u riding?
I know exactly what you mean. I left Thailand in 1995 after 8 years living here. Got pissed off at the all little things and spat the dummy big-time.
As soon as I landed at Gatwick on a piss-cold November morning, I thought "My God! What have I done?" :roll: :oops:

The next 5 years living in London drove home how much I missed and had taken Thailand for granted. Yeah, I still get pissed at certain Thai .. er .. idiocyncrasies .. but if I ever get too upset I just remember back to sunny old london and suddenly they all seem rather unimportatnt.
Here for good (hopefully!) now.

Anyway, I'm located out in the sticks across the river on the Bangkok/Samut Prakan border and have a nice new Monster S2R 1000.
0aa.jpg

BTW, Ducati Thonglor qouted me 12k Bt for a Clutch Slave. As I'm what you'd call 'technically-challenged', is this a bit much?

Oct 17, 2006
Rustic , why do u need a clutch slave on a new bike ?, 12k is pricey , better to use Evoluzione, Yoyodyne or STM replacement clutch slaves rather than Ducati. they are cheaper and better , less effort , better sealing and looks. Go to Khun Boy at Chicane on Ramintra he has them usually or wait till i go to YUK they are much cheaper there.

call me on 0866141903

jerry

Jul 17, 2007
monsterman wrote: Rustic , why do u need a clutch slave on a new bike ?, 12k is pricey , better to use Evoluzione, Yoyodyne or STM replacement clutch slaves rather than Ducati. they are cheaper and better , less effort , better sealing and looks. Go to Khun Boy at Chicane on Ramintra he has them usually or wait till i go to YUK they are much cheaper there.

call me on 0866141903

jerry
After riding 30 km through Bangkok traffic last saturday to the Paddock, my left wrist and forearm were suffering a bit. Other riders (and Ducatisti!) have commented on the stiffness of the clutch.

I think the mechanic at Ducatisti said the make they use is STM but I'm not 100% sure on that. As I said, I'm not really clued up on the technical side of bikes and to be honest, it's not an area that interests me but these things seem to be forced upon one at times.

I was thinking of getting it installed the same time as my upcoming 1k km service. It seemed more convenient as I live 25km out of Bangkok and a trip into town usually involves battling through the Sukhumvit/Ratchada traffic but the price gave me pause for thought.
I'll probably be taking your advice and holding off on this for a bit.

Anyway, thanks for your number. I'll give you a shout.

Cheers!

Oct 17, 2006
Rustic it may be worth changing the angle of the clutch lever , I have done that on both my dukes and they are more comfy tilted down slightly it puts less strain on the wrist and grip.both my bikes have standard slave cylinders .

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi Friends,

I think I understand what Rustic is feeling, Jerry you should know it as it is the same issue with Harley's.

That's all the problem of driving in cities like Bangkok (or Paris) you'll have the same pain....

Then God created the Yamaha Nouvo or the automatic to avoid such efforts in town; if you convert to it, it will save you this transformation which is in fact an fluid command amplifier as STM and many others are proposing.

Rustic, if you are around in June we can meet, I also have a Ducati (S2R year 2006) and cultivate a certain admiration for all nice Italian Mechanics.

I tried to dissuade Jerry -Monsterman- to put in sale his Ducati as his bike is really The bike to ride, and now, I see with satoisfaction he is more and more hesitating tosell it and would prefer to keep it.

When you love Italians....

Oct 17, 2006
Azoulay the Ducati passion is to strong its infection is in my blood, and as the bike is now almost perfection i will not sell it.

so you can breathe easy now.

I want to find K-speed for some sexy folding miorrors i saw on othe ducatis here.only 1500 baht for aluminium mirroers

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi Jerry,

For a morning news, that's a great news ! Hope you'll be free in summer we could have some ridetogether.

1500 TBH for aluminium mirrors sounds reasonable when I think to the price of the Ducati Performance ones (aluminium water drop) I bought in France....

I think with it, that's it no need to equip it more than that your bike is perfect, specially with the exhaust system you fitted on it, I remember you did an extraordinary woirk on it...

Didi you fix any Powercam or electronic mapping for EFI or did you stay on carbs ?

Oct 17, 2006
I got a very good map for the power commander which has made the engine perfect.You cant fit carbs to an S4

Jul 17, 2007
monsterman wrote: Rustic it may be worth changing the angle of the clutch lever ,.
Yeah, I did that on my mountain bike and have asked Ducatisti to do this.

monsterman wrote: 12k is pricey , better to use Evoluzione, Yoyodyne or STM replacement clutch slaves rather than Ducati. they are cheaper and better , less effort , better sealing and looks.
Ducatisti have 2 types; STM and Ducati (natch!).
10% discount for Ducati makes them 10k while the STM is 12k.

Your comments on the other brands have been noted and I'll pick the bike up tomorrow and decide what to do then.

Cheers.