Experience with Teera (TP) Motorcycles?

Jul 18, 2007
I've done the search and come across some fairly old comments on Teera. I'm a bit interested in one of their bikes, but it is in Phuket and they'd like me to make a deposit (refundable, it is said) before bringing it up here.

Anyone have any recent experience with them. The added cost for a green book (though supposedly it already has one) is a very steep 70K.

Thanks for your comments.

dotcom

Nov 14, 2006
Why is the bike in Phuket? Their showroom is in Bangkok.

You can call me to discuss.

Rick 087-048-6630

E3L0

Sep 17, 2006
They have two shops, one is in Phuket.

70k is about right to register a big bike.

It might be worth looking at their bikes in bkk, if you haven't already; just to get a feel for their standards.

When I spoke to them a few months ago, they offered proper registration and a cheaper compromise where they used a 'second hand' green book. Personally, I did not like the idea of this.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
70 thou should be for a legit rego & take 6 months.
Check the year of manufacture, engine & frame number of the bike before the rego process & then see if it comes out the same in the book after the bike is licensed. If not then you've got a recycled one.
If the bike is already registered, still check the engine & frame numbers to see if they are the right ones for that bike. If not, then the rego is a recycled one & the rego price should be half a real one.

Jun 21, 2006
NDSinBKK wrote: I've done the search and come across some fairly old comments on Teera. I'm a bit interested in one of their bikes, but it is in Phuket and they'd like me to make a deposit (refundable, it is said) before bringing it up here.

Anyone have any recent experience with them. The added cost for a green book (though supposedly it already has one) is a very steep 70K.

Thanks for your comments.
Have you seen the comments posted about TP on this site

you have to scroll back quite a few pages

http://members3.boardhost.com/thaimotorcycle/

Nov 14, 2006
I've been to TP in BKK a few times, i think his (Alex) bikes are a bit pricey. When he says that you will get a new book, how can you know for sure? A Thai friend of mine was cheated there before when buying a bike. So how about us farangs, cheated x 2?
For me, when i get a 2nd hand bike next time, i'd look on http://www.mocyc.com/store/alltopic.php ... STATE=&ip=
There are R1's at 150 000B, today i saw a CBR1000RR -05 at 290 000. There are bikes with and without plate/book there, lots of posts. It Thai though.
If u can cope with the hassle of getting yourself a new book, it might be worth it.
2 times have i bought big bike from shops in bkk, cheated royally both times. Next time i buy private.

Tom

dotcom

Nov 14, 2006
As most of you know - most of the bikes are knocked down in Japan & shipped in here as "spare parts". (Quick version)

Once out of customs & assembled you normally hear them referred to as "Invoice".

How do you know the book is legit? Because it will be brand new (I think they come in blue now).

Your name will be the first name in the book & the frame numbers & engine numbers will match the bike.

70 sounds high to me. A CB400 runs around 40k. My bike has a recycled book which was a choice I made. That cost me 25.

If I were spending upwards of 200k I would want a brand new book.

Like everything else you need to haggle a bit to get the best price.

tahaan

Feb 6, 2006
I didn't think much of TP's after sales service. Alex couldn't be too helpful until he had his hands on my cash. But he was a difficult guy to pin down when I had a problem with my purchase.

Mar 11, 2008
Re the Phuket v Bangkok shops.

I was told by BKK that they could do a fully legal book on a 400 for me for 55k.. The same service provided by the Phuket shop was offered at 80k.. I couldnt make it clear they had already said 55k in bangkok or get a reason why the different prices.

Bangkok offered other book solutions but only if I bought a bike through him.

Nov 14, 2006
The 2 times i've been down to Phuket everything has seemed more expensive than in Bangkok. They always come up with excuses why this and that is more expensive than in BKK, this is an island bla bla, fuel too expensive... have to go 8 times back and forth to bkk to get papers blah blah, krap.
I banged up some fairings on a cbr400 in Samui once, rental guy needed 25000 for paint job, "cos they have to be sent to Honda BKK for repainting". B.S.

Mar 11, 2008
I spoke to a Thai involved with one of the local bike clubs.. He told me that the customs official who stamps a new / import registration here expects 20+k fragrant grease...

However I am pretty sure TP just do them in BKK and this is a Phuket tax.. The Phuket shop guy went from understanding me to complete failure to understand me at all once I started to go over the 55k quote from BKK !!

I need a cheap book for a bike currently.. Its a bike thats simply not worth a legit book (not even worth half a legit book) but I would like to ride it into cambo and will need some kind of book to wave at them and hope for the best.

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
LivinLOS wrote: ......I need a cheap book for a bike currently.. Its a bike thats simply not worth a legit book (not even worth half a legit book) but I would like to ride it into cambo and will need some kind of book to wave at them and hope for the best.
IMHO...
If 'not worth a legit book' means the bike is in marginal condition....then why buy it, much less take it to Cambodia??

If you're only visiting Cambodia for a week or so consider renting a bike there, rather than take a bike that sounds like it could breakdown.

Or...if you think you'll be making frequent trips to Cambodia, then buy a bike there (cheaper than Thailand) and you can bring it into Thailand on a temporary stays.

Good luck...whatever you decide to do...

Mar 11, 2008
Thanks for the input.. I am gonna hold off commenting too much until I get a bit further down the road on what I am doing.. But basically a unregged bandit aint worth much even in good running nick, when a bike is worth same (or less) than a wave it seems mad to spend 55k on papers for it.

Found another bandit with papers thats also figuring into the ideas.. But then the unpapered one is worth it for a spares bike :) (note to self.. need more bikes)..

Having a cambo regged bike would be a ball ache down here on phuket, its not just an easy day trip to visa run it.

We will see what comes out in the wash..

Jun 21, 2006
Drove past their shop yesterday and the sign seems to be missing that said: we can register any bike for 80,000 baht.

dotcom

Nov 14, 2006
If you are in Bangkok I can point you in the right direction.

For the above mentioned Bandit a recycled book at 25k baht is a good solution.

Otherwise a brand new book is 40,000.

If you want help call me Rick 087-048-6630.

Beand new books involve numerous trips to Mor Chit but at the end of the process you have papers that can not be disputed.

I run a recycled book & have had zero problems with it.

I am offering this help free of charge. I know a lot of the better mechanics in this city.

Jun 21, 2006
Have you seen the new bike shop in Phuket

On by pass road by the traffic lights very close to Rolly Tasker sailmaker.

Out the front have, XR250 motard, big BMW tourer, and some other sports bikes

no idea if have plate, but may be worth checking out.

HDMAN

May 5, 2008
Hi
Yes have seen it, the XR is 180K with book, i have bought a Suki DRZ 400 from 2005, but have been looking on a lot of bikes, many with well,,, funny books and frame/engine numbers

HDMAN

May 5, 2008
HI
Yes i did, bought it private, with a new book, only second owner (from when it was imported)