Final goodbye to the doc

Apr 22, 2003
Well we finally got Steve (doc 59) out of Chiangmai and on his way to Europe, Tyrkey first, with his many returns to C/m and his postponed departures he's finally gone, but i sent him off in style, a run up to Mae Sai then down to Nan via the 1148, the Doi Phukka loop which included a brief lesson in Suzuki carby maintenance (which wasnt the problem) and a small excursion through some back Sois in Nan. Good riding with you Steve, my bar revenue has dropped 20% since you left, have a safe and enjoyable trip.
John and the staff at Jonadda

Apr 22, 2003
P.S (DISCLAIMER)
Any photos posted on this forum by Steve of me tinkering with the Suzuki was staged purely for the satisfaction of others.

Doc59

Jan 4, 2006
Thanks John, and it was a great ride. Had to do it after hearing about it so often. Haven't had a chance to put the pics on the internet yet but they are coming. With the extra time I have after our run to Mai Sai, I'm going to hang round Kanchanaburi for a while, could have stayed in Chiang Mai longer, organising shipping will only take a week. That's if I can find my way out of town again, roads here suck. Thanks for a great time by both you and your staff and no doubt. I'll be back.

Steve

Apr 22, 2003
By the way Steve the processor chip in the CDI is out of wack, my man at the electronics shop claims he can get the chip from Bangkok and Chiangmai Uni has the programmes, Im afraid im a little sceptical about this but im going to have to let him have a go.