first time advice

Feb 21, 2004
Its a long way away (dec 04) but after having read various tid bits about goverment crackdowns on various things i wanted to know if its still easy to get away driving a bike in the north with no license ?
Also are there plenty of old banjas to be had and what should i be looking a shelling out for say a 90/91/92 in reasonable condition ?
Also i have been having a **** of a job tracking down a copy of this Unkovich book amazon aint got it and silkworm never respond to my e-mails.
Any other pearls of wisdom any of you feel like bestowing on me feel free.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Dave
Email me direct & I will supply my bank ac/ details for you to deposit the money for the book & maps. This way you'll get the kit with all the right info in plenty of time for your trip.
In the North of Thailand, riding a bike without a plate or a licence is currently not a problem.
Bike prices for a Honda 250 XR Baja should be starting around 60 thou at a guess, if you are lucky. It often depends on what is available at the time. Going into December is high season & bikes are in demand, so prices should also tend to be a bit higher.

Davidfl
Keep the power on

mja34

Apr 24, 2003
P E, I TO FOUND IT HARD TO TRACK DAVIDS BOOK DOWN IN THE UK,BUT SENT HIM SOME WONGA, AND IT ARIVED PLUS HIS MAPS WITHIN TWO WEEKS, GOOD LUCK. MARCUSL

marcus ackerman

Feb 21, 2004
nice one folks
I will get your bank details in a few weeks for the book as im currently rambling around europe looking for work.
Thanks for your help
the fud licker ! [:)]